Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just got my '04 FX45 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it. It has 12k miles and I need some advice on the normal maintenance.

The Infiniti place here in Knoxville, TN says to change the oil every 3500 miles. I have gone through the manual in detail, but thought I would ask you guys a few questions:

1) What kind of oil do you use (dealer said they use an oil that is partially synthetic)?
2) What brand of oil filter? If Infiniti/Nissan can you get them anywhere other than the dealer? Who has the best price?
3) What brand of air filer and same questions as #2?
4) What's the deal with the interior air filer?

I guess what I am looking for is the stuff that you do at the normal intervals. Any advice will be appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
1. Several of us use Mobil 1 synthetic for max protection. My dealership said they were switching to synth blend as well; must be accross the board for Infiniti; that'll work as well if you want to go a bit cheaper and saty on the schedule. On Mobil 1, I go 5000 mile intervals and have Blackstone oil analysis stating I could go even longer.

2. The OEM filter is good. You can get them cheaper at Grubbs.com. Some prefer a Mobil 1 filter or K&N.

3. Get a K&N drop-in for your air filter; just clean periodically and never have to replace; pays for itself over time. Better flow than stock. Do a search for the size and part # you need.

4. In-cabin microfilter. It's installed behind your glove box, filters the outside air coming into the cabin for particulates (like the AC filter in your house), and should be changed every 15k miles. See here for DIY info.: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588

Welcome to the board! 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey, i have a question, im also thinking of buying a preowned fx but have never dealt with dealerships that way.

Can you go to any dealership in case of a problem and be served under warenty with no worries, or how does that work?

thanx

·
Registered
848 Posts
xplo310 said:
hey, i have a question, im also thinking of buying a preowned fx but have never dealt with dealerships that way.

Can you go to any dealership in case of a problem and be served under warenty with no worries, or how does that work?

thanx
Absolutely yes. Any Infiniti dealer will service the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.