Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Actually, I kinda like it. Nice, deep, and throaty. It's too difficult to get an idea how loud the exhaust really is while the microphone is right behind it...a recording of the sound in the cabin would be nice. Or at the very least a direct comparison to a stock exhaust from the same position.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Similar to brnjug's as I remember it.

Maybe a little louder, hard to tell with a sound clip like that.
I'll bet it sounds a fair amount different under load.

I think it sounds pretty good, all in all.
I wonder if there's any kind of drone at highway speeds-

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
V6's drone,V8's should not especially if the tips go outside body line in back.
Sounds even louder than mine,with big UTI Y pipe and 3" mid with Flowmaster,no resonators...gets serious over 4000-7300rpm

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thought of my son and his Jeep SRT8 when I saw this (also my Olds 442, when I was 19!) Now I enjoy the throaty gurgle of my FX50 without benefit of the rocket boosters - LOL!
:tomcat:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I'll pass on this one!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just installed the Invidia Gemini stainless steel exhaust system with titanium tips on my o4 FX45. Fit perfectly and even with the OEM trailer hitch. Looks great. It has a somewhat deeper growl when you start up and when you put your foot into it but isn't annoying. However, removing an exhaust system isn't for the faint at heart as all nuts and bolts were rusted on and had to be cut off...

DrJ

·
Registered
470 Posts
just needed some heat and pb blaster and I am sure they would have came off; but good job on doing you own exhaust glad to see that worked out for you I know others have had small hiccups with there installs at shops and some cutting needed to get done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I couldn't help but give you guy's a heads up on rusted or stubborn nuts and bolt removal.Go to your local supermarket and ask them for bars of canning wax(less than a dollar last time i bought any).Then bring home and warm up car exhaust(200 degrees+) then take a bar of wax and liberally apply to all exposed threads that you want to remove.I am not joking it literally takes no effort after that to remove them.I learned this in the USN on boiler piping it will literally make exhaust bolts seem easy.It works on the principle of capillary action which draws the melted wax into the threads which also lubricates them.ENJOY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts