Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I went away for Vacation, My son waited to long before turning on car. Came home, boosted car with NOCO Genius Booster. Turned on in one shot, all of a sudden I notice all these lights were on, Engine, AWD, SLIP, VDC Off. Engine light has gone away. I reset the other lights with a Launch 129x Code Readers "2021 Model" Error Codes Erased Fine. next day lights came on. So I took her out for a spin yesterday to see if some driving would help reset and clear the error codes.

While Driving for a few, I noticed the RPM Needle was jumping on its own, Temperature gauge stopped working, AC Stopped working, Lighter charger light Ring was flickering as if it had a loose ground also the FX45 Tranny Started Kicking like a horse after 2nd gear, So I bought her home and parked her, Tonight I tried to start her up, but She would not, I noticed after 3 crank attempts battery was low, So i boosted her up again and she started right up, all lights are back including the engine light but my charger is ring light is not flickering anymore after boost. So I am thinking Maybe My battery cells are two low? As This is the 3rd time I had to boost her.

Maybe I should do a live battery Check with the Launch Code Reader 129X ?

Has anyone had a similar issue with a bad battery? Battery is about 4 years old now :eek:/

Thanks for your response all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would start with a brand new battery regardless of how good jump box is if a cell is bad it will not hold a charge and cause all kinds of electrical issues like your describing. I would start there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok I went away for Vacation, My son waited to long before turning on car. Came home, boosted car with NOCO Genius Booster. Turned on in one shot, all of a sudden I notice all these lights were on, Engine, AWD, SLIP, VDC Off. Engine light has gone away. I reset the other lights with a Launch 129x Code Readers "2021 Model" Error Codes Erased Fine. next day lights came on. So I took her out for a spin yesterday to see if some driving would help reset and clear the error codes.

While Driving for a few, I noticed the RPM Needle was jumping on its own, Temperature gauge stopped working, AC Stopped working, Lighter charger light Ring was flickering as if it had a loose ground also the FX45 Tranny Started Kicking like a horse after 2nd gear, So I bought her home and parked her, Tonight I tried to start her up, but She would not, I noticed after 3 crank attempts battery was low, So i boosted her up again and she started right up, all lights are back including the engine light but my charger is ring light is not flickering anymore after boost. So I am thinking Maybe My battery cells are two low? As This is the 3rd time I had to boost her.

Maybe I should do a live battery Check with the Launch Code Reader 129X ?

Has anyone had a similar issue with a bad battery? Battery is about 4 years old now :eek:/

Thanks for your response all.
Many auto parts stores will check your battery for free. They'll load test it to see whether it's still healthy or needs replacing. I'd start there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts