Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippee! I decided to go with the Invidia exhaust. It's a true dual. Received it today. Well packaged, and the welds look great. I'll fully de-flower the plastic wrap and get more snaps Saturday when I get it put on. Weighs around 38lbs with bag of bolts and the plastic wrap on.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I think I just went from 6 to 12! :oops: So, I don't have my FX back, which means I have no braces to test fit. Good news is though, I will be free starting next Monday during the day, and maybe even free completely after next Monday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, nice stu. maybe we can meet up next weekend, but from the looks of it, I'm sure both gtspec braces will fit the lower rear. here are some pics of the install.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the vid.

It sounds awesome. sounds like OEM (deeper) at idle, and louder under throttle. No droning on the highway, sounds deeper. The video speaks for it self. Also i'm thinking that the gtspec rear braces will fit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The passenger side tubing goes over the sway bar, so i'm guessing that the gtspec rear lateral will fit. I'm positive the rear lower tie will fit. I can't believe that other people haven't jumped on this exhaust. When i put the petal down it pushes me back into my seat more, so i'm feeling hp gains.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I got the FX back today, so we can do a test fit whenever. But it does look like it should fit without any problem.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Wonder if it would clear the tow hitch for those of us that have it.

Also how much was it? looks good!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you know if this exhaust would fit on a FX 50? It sounds real nice. How about a video while cruising around?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Very nice looking exhaust! What's the piping size and what's the size of the tips?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Different video, I was worried about my plate showing.

·
Registered
942 Posts
looks very nice and sounds like you had no problems at all with fitment.

It's definitely a different sound vs the HKS and Stillen. Post another video after you break the muffler in, will be interested in how it will sound then.

Thanks for all the great pics. I did the same with my HKS and the muffler shop mechanics probably thought i was a freak taking pictures of my exhaust.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Finally had time to watch the video... nice sound! I wonder what sound the INVIDIA would give the VQ on the 35?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
myl168 said:
Different video, I was worried about my plate showing.
Why are you worried about someone coming to steal your exhaust? :roll: Never under stand the plate blurring. I could drive down the road and see hundreds of plates and so what? Someone could just simply follow you to find where you live. :?

Sounds real good though. I'd like to hear it from inside while cruising and driving around. Cause I love the oem sound while driving around and how it sounds nice from the inside.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Sounds good :thumbright: .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds great. So does this kit come with all necessary parts for direct bolt-on? I don't know what a "gtspec rear brace" that is referenced here is referring to. The box says FX35...but I assume this is the same fitment for a FX45? Also, is it stainless steel...box says "polished" but looks like stainless steel?

·
Registered
14 Posts
djpathfinder said:
Also, is it stainless steel...box says "polished" but looks like stainless steel?
You can polish stainless steel to look mirror like. Regular stainless is just dull silver.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it came with everything you need. and bolted up no problem. i'm very pleased with it. It's deep then OEM, and only louder when you mash the pedal. when cruising it sounds like OEM, just deeper. i'll post another vids when i get some free time. work has been busy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just ordered one myself, great exhaust indeed. One question, did you reset your ECU after the exhaust was installed??

1 - 20 of 49 Posts