Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He are some pics from my newest upgrade on my FX45.
I think the biggest problem we FX45 owners have are the lack of upgrades. I know there are some but nothing really in the engine compartment. We made one and it is a clean change from stock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Looks fine and not unlike what some will be trying with the JWT pop charger
Where are you picking up the air from the right?
Is the transistion to the MAF 3" all the way through?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, yes i also have the 3" runing on her.
there is a big diffrance when i puch it WOW! that is no (BS)
Air is comming form the right & some form the left but most is from the right.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
brnjug said:
Where are you picking up the air from the right?
ditto, where?...up high?....down low? ...better picture from that area.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Also, how much was the "damage"?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cost

the cost was $180.00 for the HKS filter and piping setup. There are many air system setups but none for the FX45. i tried many air systems but none would bolt on... please note the adapter i came up with was the big thing here. so i made my own proto type. right now i am in the testing stage to see how stable it is, so far no problems. I did talk with a tech from mynismo Nissan and they said they are interested in the adapter I made. will keep you posted.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Fish, where are you drawing air from on the right side?
Same? ...or somewhere else?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the same setup right and lower left air intakes. i am also making a air box proto type setup to keep the hot air out! the killer of horse power.
will post the air box soon! :idea:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
While I am not an advocate for the need to enclose(discussed elsewhere)make the box large,do not crowd the filter

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

OK, this is the filter I'd mentioned in that other post- why is that sucker so much more expensive (for just the filter and housing alone) than our cone filters?

I also see you have a tube leading downwards as well. I rigged one up myself last night from a length of dryer exhaust tubing from Home Depot. How did you keep it up against the filter?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
and better yet, what/how did you build the scoop part that comes out the bottom? i think im going to tinker around and see what i can make without doing a lot of cutting of the car. of course, it might have to anyhow.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
There's two "no cut" ways to do this- there's a hole about 2in(?) underneath the resonator (used to be), and another set of openings closer to the engine (but in that case you have to bend the tube more, perhaps).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've only recently found this forum (awesome stuff btw) and after doing quite alot of reading of the posts here to get up to speed, it's frustrating to see that the majority of intake mods available are all for the 35. I guess it will just take time for us the owners to come up with the best usable mods or convince aftermarket peeps such as Stillen that there is enough of a demand for them to R&D the mods and produce them.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
fish said:
i have the same setup right and lower left air intakes. i am also making a air box proto type setup to keep the hot air out! the killer of horse power.
Custom air box ready yet? :D Any pics of different angles?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
fish said:
Custom air box ready yet? :D Any pics of different angles?
I found it! :roll: Hey fish why'd ya start another thread? Any other pics? How's it working for you? http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4907
70 DEGREE difference, huh? :shock:
fish said:
Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:58 am Post subject: FX45/Custom Air Box & temp. 197F/127F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please note the temp. core of Eng, with a digital temp gage was at 197F and inside the box it was 127F.
Anyway as I promise here is the air box I made. Note not the prettiest but does the job! I started this project with a sheet of aluminum and measured around the HKS filter and room available in the engine compartment. Heat is the killer as “I know from my 94 TT supra”. I built what I call an “ice box” from an aluminum skeleton for the box. Then I cut sheets of White/Foil this is two layers of 3/16" barrier bubble film laminated all around the box. this is an excellent reflector of all long wave radiant heat that strikes it - reflecting up to 97% of all radiant heat. Also will reradiate only 3% of heat in which it comes in close physical contact, compared with the approximate 90% reradiation of ordinary shields, at the same temperature.
FLAME SPREAD: 20**FIRE RATING: Class A/Class 1
REFLECTIVITY: 97%
MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD 302:
This is no joke the sound is more of a low sounding growl on my FX45. I have incased my HKS filter in what i call an ice box., you can here the air sound coming in when you punch it like an echo under the engine compartment WOW I was surprised. Also a change on the highway when I open it up I can feel a faster jump from 70RPM to ?. I know because I play once in a while when it is clear on the Highway; I do it to clean her out. Anyway will do a check on the temp tomorrow and post the difference from the inside and out from the Ice box with a digital temp gage. NOTE THE COOLER AIR RAM INTAKE to your engine creates “MORE HORSE POWER!”

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Solo Design & HKS air intake kit

Your right, my stuff is all over the place. From now on everything will be under Solo Design & HKS air intake kit. I am currently working with HKS on my prototype. The ice box will come out after the air intake kit. It's good to hear that people are interested.

Fish :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.