Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to record the sound of my FX45 flowmaster onto my voice mailbox on a line I never answer so call it if you want to hear :D

It sounds ok i'll revise it later 813 249 6269

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
fx45copper said:
Im going to record the sound of my FX45 flowmaster onto my voice mailbox on a line I never answer so call it if you want to hear :D

It sounds ok i'll revise it later 813 249 6269
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That gave me an IDEA! I'll try to record and put it as my cell phone ringtone!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a 3" pipe back from the Y , resonator eliminated-- I used the same exact setup as Brnjug did. Muffler shop charged me 200 bucks to do the install -- muffler was 92.00 from the web. It's not too loud at all , also had them extend my rear tips about 1/2 inch to eliminate some interior noise. It sounds so [email protected] , Brnjug really hit the nail on the head with this setup

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Congrats, you've got that classic "jug" sound 8)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
It is a great sound,cheap and opens up the power...if the sound is too much add a resonator
35's should use smaller pipe,like 2.5 with smaller inlet
flowmaster...you do not push as much air and a 3" would kill your bottom

Should get 5 years...think about that next time you consider a stainless $1000 system :roll:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Y pipe? You mean the transverse flowmaster..... The Y pipe is already on your car -- thats where the 3" piping runs back from to connect to the flowmaster 43083 is the stock number - Check around on the net for pricing , flowmaster sells for 136.00 I found mine for 90 , 43038 is the stock number for the 3" in / Dual 2.5 out's series 80 muffler

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
None,Iextended my tips about 2" out the back to be sure,but none!
That was a trick we learned with V6's which are prone to drone

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You can always add a resonator later

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
GAZZZAN said:
...That gave me an IDEA! I'll try to record and put it as my cell phone ringtone!..
Hey, not a bad idea. Have to play around to see what's the best distance to set the cell phone away from the speakers. Bet y'all mine is the loudest. >>>CALL ME ?<<<<<

·
Registered
71 Posts
How did people decide on flowmaster vs. anyone else (borla comes to mind)?

Now, a bit about how to control volume:
My understanding is that the length of the muffler has a direct correlation to the volume of the exhaust note. Assuming I want a small increase in volume, I should go with a muffler that is just a couple of inches shorter than stock, right?

Also, I am very concerned about the gurgling that is often found on aftermarket exhausts. (I'm talking about the sound when you lift your foot off of the gas as you slow down). Does anyone know what I'm talking about? My Vette had this like crazy, and it was with the $1,000 Borla system.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I started this Flowmaster thing with our FX45's.I have used them since my '86GN and had them on every car since...3 chamber Flowmasters are a bit quieter and flow better.Shady was looking at a Borla and Fxfan used a Dynamax I think Wireboltman and Piniti also used different mufflers.Pick the sound you like that yields better flow

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.