Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I know" "I know" you were right. did a new change on the 2.5 flow pipe to a 3" only charged me $50.00 more but was worth it. i must say there is a difference in the punch when i give it gas the V-8 seems to “breath better”. flowmaster the exhaust technology muffler 3” from the Y to the rear muffler.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice mods buddy. I also was thinking of getting the new tail lights, as I have a black exterior and I feel that they will be more sleek looking on my color.

In regards to that exhaust, how loud is it? I just came out of a BMW M5 which I installed a B&B Triflow exhaust. I loved the thing, but at times the V8 was a bit too loud. Is it loud when driving from the inside of the cabin?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Re: FX45 New Exhaust/05 tail lights

fish said:
Please note that it did take some time to remove lots of panels in the back but it looks killer on the pearl color.
Really? there was only one panel on each side for removing the taillamp on the quarterpanel and 3 plugs/cover on each side for the tailgate lamp... but aren't the new 05 light a beauty?!

could you post a pix of your fx? Ihaven't seen ivory fx with 05 light yet.... I think it would look best on yours.. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not that bad I would say 2 times louder inside a very low tone. Please note that this mod is not for the timid.

·
Registered
38 Posts
fish said:
Its not that bad I would say 2 times louder inside a very low tone. Please note that this mod is not for the timid.
Could you please post the picture of installed flowmaster?
Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know how loud it is. when the windows are down it sounds like a Beast . :diabloanifire:

6000K Philips HD
plasma Piaa Fogs
Custom HKS Air Flow System

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the cost was $380.00

________________________ 8)
Peral White FX45 03
3" Pipe Flowmaster, +2" tail Ex.
YAKIMA Bike Rack
6000K Philips HD
plasma Piaa Fogs

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Pretty car,nice mod...enjoy that sound

·
Registered
38 Posts
fish said:
i know how loud it is. when the windows are down it sounds like a Beast . :diabloanifire:

6000K Philips HD
plasma Piaa Fogs
Thanks for the pics and input.
I think it would be too loud for me.
:D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Its not as loud as you think it is , from outside of the car yeah... the interior noise wont overwhelm you lets put it that way.

On another note (fish) what made you decide to stick with 2.5" pipe from the Y, and did you know your stock pipe was 2.5"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fx45copper said:
Its not as loud as you think it is , from outside of the car yeah... the interior noise wont overwhelm you lets put it that way.

On another note (fish) what made you decide to stick with 2.5" pipe from the Y, and did you know your stock pipe was 2.5"
Rich wrote:
i did the change today to a 3" from the Y "3-29-05". the muffler shop told me it would be very loud on a 3" pipe when i first had them Installed it. they were col about it.
$50.00 more
peace.

·
Registered
176 Posts
fish said:
That just means your next mod is louder speakers....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.