Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Hello Everyone! I haven't been on in a few years. Hope everyones rides are treating them well. Still have my 05 fx45, 10 years and going. I am experiencing the vdc off, slip, check engine soon lights. Ran the code, p0340(camshaft position sensor bank 1 sensor A). I did the gas pedal dance and reset it, but lights came back on, and last night fx shut off while driving. I am going to try changing the passenger side camshaft sensor as from what I understand it is the easiest to get to. From what I have read, with the 45, code p0340 does not actually tell if it is driver/passenger side camshaft sensor or even crankshaft sensor... Looking for any advice you all may have before I give it a go. I will list my specific questions below.

-Is there a diagram of the location of passenger side camshaft sensor avail? I have seen them for fx35, g35etc but not fx45.
-I looked on infinitipartsusa and they only list one camshaft sensor, is it universal as to which one you are replacing?
-Do I need to remove anything other that the engine cover that says v8 on it to get to sensor? I am not very mechanically inclined...
-Should I unplug battery while changing sensor so I dont get zapped?

Thats about all I can think of for now. Any info on camshaft sensor, or code p0340 for a 45 would be appriciated! Thanks

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I did post this exact topic on the other fx forum. From what I remember most members frequent both sites and play nice so hope thats still the case!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hello Everyone! I haven't been on in a few years. Hope everyones rides are treating them well. Still have my 05 fx45, 10 years and going. I am experiencing the vdc off, slip, check engine soon lights. Ran the code, p0340(camshaft position sensor bank 1 sensor A). I did the gas pedal dance and reset it, but lights came back on, and last night fx shut off while driving. I am going to try changing the passenger side camshaft sensor as from what I understand it is the easiest to get to. From what I have read, with the 45, code p0340 does not actually tell if it is driver/passenger side camshaft sensor or even crankshaft sensor... Looking for any advice you all may have before I give it a go. I will list my specific questions below.

-Is there a diagram of the location of passenger side camshaft sensor avail? I have seen them for fx35, g35etc but not fx45.
-I looked on infinitipartsusa and they only list one camshaft sensor, is it universal as to which one you are replacing?
-Do I need to remove anything other that the engine cover that says v8 on it to get to sensor? I am not very mechanically inclined...
-Should I unplug battery while changing sensor so I dont get zapped?

Thats about all I can think of for now. Any info on camshaft sensor, or code p0340 for a 45 would be appriciated! Thanks

Hi, I had the same code on my 03’ FX45. The bank one is on the driver side. You must change the cam sensor on the driver side. When I changed my cam sensor the engine ran normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts