Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for that info, but I don't think that this is my problem. I pulled the coils out and there were no oil around the plugs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry for the late responses. Didn't get a chance to do the sea foam. The engine went out on me before I could get to it. I was driving it on the freeway and all of a sudden the truck makes a weird metal noise and dies. Everytime after I put it back in gear and step on the gas it stalls out. Time for engine replacement

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear that! An engine replacement is a f*****g expensive thing. I'm just rebuilding mine. This is not that expensive but it is a ton of work and I can only recomment everyone who is thinking of making this by their own --> lable everything, take pictures and do everything which helps to get it back together, otherwise you will screw it!

How many miles did you have, when your engine blowed?

MadoxX

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I had only 90,000 miles. It blew not too long ago while driving on the freeway. I found a long block from japan for $1950 and my uncle is charging $500 to replace it. Which isn't bad at all. I wish you were around California because I rather do the rebuild.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! I have an 05' FX45 and that video looks just like mine if not better I think, I bought it with that problem since I'm a mechanic in the states, and still a lot of work for myself and $$$. what I did to it was a tune-up along with both pcv valves that were so sticky and I've add some treatment to the oil and gas tank that helped a lot. I will let you know the name of the products and see if you can find them overseas, but for those whom used sea foam and worked fine check the pcv valves and if they're sticky I'll suggest to replace them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to Seafoam, check out Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO). It can be added to both oil and fuel, and is a **** of a lot cheaper than Seafoam if you buy the large container on Amazon.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts