Infiniti FX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I bought mine about 1 yr ago and so far I have put on about 27k miles on it.

I don't think you will run into any major problem but may deal with number of small problems. If you don't mind them, you will be fine.

But for the activities you're describing, you may wanna check out other vehicles also for your benefit.

kcrudup said:
I'm now at 34K miles after only 16mos, and I think it'll go on for quite a while.
topguy said:
I bought mine about 1 yr ago and so far I have put on about 27k miles on it.
I thought I drove a lot (25K per year). :? I just took delivery Jan 7th and the odometer just turned 4K miles today. I will keep the FX45 for three years and put 75K miles on it. I have tremendous confidence that it will be a mostly trouble free experience. Infiniti's reputation for quality was an important factor in my purchase decision. 8)

This is my first Infiniti, but part of my decision was based on (1) the superior reliability ratings and reputation that Infiniti has, and (2) the fact that it has a VQ derivative 6 cylinder engine.

My experience with this engine is that it is "bullet proof". I had a Nisssan Maxima with an earlier 3.0 L version and it had 240K miles on it, and ran perfectly. I talked to many Nissan mechanics who have stated that this is normal for this engine.

DCBldr said:
My experience with this engine is that it is "bullet proof".
Yeah, ditto the VK in the '45s, which is powering many Q45s that just won't die.

Long Term Car

I too plan on keeping my fx for 8-10 years. So I pray that she will hold up. We have had a 96 Maxima since 98 and have not had any major issues. So I am pretty confident that the FX will be a family member for years to come....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.