Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see the attached pics of this rubber grommet/boot I found just kind of loosely lodged in the driver's side front suspension. it didn't appear that it attached to anything that I could see. And it's not clear to me if it's a part of our cars or is maybe some road debris that somehow got caught up in my suspension.

Any ideas what this part is??

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just finished replacing the front struts on my 2007 FX35 about 3 hours ago. That doesn't look like anything related to the struts. Do you have all of the boots on the steering linkage to that driver's side steering knuckle and the inner and outer boots on the CV joints for the front axles?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just finished replacing the front struts on my 2007 FX35 about 3 hours ago. That doesn't look like anything related to the struts. Do you have all of the boots on the steering linkage to that driver's side steering knuckle and the inner and outer boots on the CV joints for the front axles?
Thanks funsize. I was told on another forum that it was a strut or shock boot, but of no real concern with it being off:

It for sure is NOT the CV joint boot. That was the first thing I checked when I saw it lying there in the internals of my cars suspension. Do you have any pics of when you did your strut replacement?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts