Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody else add the Rear swaybar to the 35 RWD flavor besides must? Must, still worth it?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
For the price, IMO, it's deffinitely worth it. Not as drastic a diference as the STB, but it really buttons down the rear end and keeps it from leaning over in hard cornering. Rounds out the handling for more aggressive driving nicely. Cheap, easy to install, effective, not much else to ask for. :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
ok Must....i've been putting the STB off because i don't think it can make that much of a diff. but if it makes more of a diff compared to sway bars :shock: then i'm convinced...now if they would only start another GB for that STB.

extra 15 bux isn't much but its hard to buy something when you know you could get it for less.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
STB deffinitely makes a big difference if you like the corners (I'd think from all the STB owner's comments, everyone should know that by now!). Besides, any suspension mods you do in the front are going to be much more noticable than in the rear. I'm sure larger aftermarket sway bars would make a bigger difference, but we're just talking about adding the stock AWD sway bar to the RWD. It makes for more neutral handling, reduces rear body roll and understeer. With VDC off, I can easily induce oversteer now (not that I try to do that alot, but it scared me a couple of times as I was aggressively test driving right after the install).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IS there an aftermarket RSB for the FX? I havent seen one yet... I'd hate to put on the stock and a beefy aftermarket one be avail...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
IS there an aftermarket RSB for the FX? I havent seen one yet... I'd hate to put on the stock and a beefy aftermarket one be avail...
No. If anyone were to make aftermarket sway bars, it wouyld be a F/R set, which we would want.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I did this AWD swaybar mod to my RWD today. I went to the dealer to get my 5700 mile service and took the parts with me just incase they would quote me a decent price. They told me $100 but that the swaybar I had was for a G35 too small :roll: . I knew they didn't know what the heck they were talkin about so I went home and did the install myself - thanks to Must post in How To Do's. I wouldn't have let them do it for $100 bucks anyway, and nobody should have to pay for this to be done since Must did a great job in detail in his posthttp://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1762

I ordered the parts from Joe-(Everythinginfiniti.com). I did what Must said and bolted the tie rods to the brackets first which made it easy. I didn't drop the mid-pipe but slid the swaybar over it from the very back end down to the mounting point, yes it got a little tight at one point but not bad.

Took it out for a spin and wow the rear was more button down then before. I would get a top heavy feel going around corners and never liked that feel, well now its gone. Since ive had the STB on for some time now I guess ive got use to it because installing this rear sway I feel like it has made a bigger differance than the STB. Then again I guess they complement each other. I really like this mod, I feel safer through the corner now. This is a mod that ive wanted to do for so long but just never got around to ordering the parts, well im happy I did.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ba Ba Luwee said:
I did this AWD swaybar mod to my RWD today. I went to the dealer to get my 5700 mile service and took the parts with me just incase they would quote me a decent price. They told me $100 but that the swaybar I had was for a G35 too small :roll: . I knew they didn't know what the heck they were talkin about so I went home and did the install myself - thanks to Must post in How To Do's. I wouldn't have let them do it for $100 bucks anyway, and nobody should have to pay for this to be done since Must did a great job in detail in his posthttp://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1762

I ordered the parts from Joe-(Everythinginfiniti.com). I did what Must said and bolted the tie rods to the brackets first which made it easy. I didn't drop the mid-pipe but slid the swaybar over it from the very back end down to the mounting point, yes it got a little tight at one point but not bad.

Took it out for a spin and wow the rear was more button down then before. I would get a top heavy feel going around corners and never liked that feel, well now its gone. Since ive had the STB on for some time now I guess ive got use to it because installing this rear sway I feel like it has made a bigger differance than the STB. Then again I guess they complement each other. I really like this mod, I feel safer through the corner now. This is a mod that ive wanted to do for so long but just never got around to ordering the parts, well im happy I did.
This is great mod, I swear you can feel the diffrence right away. I took some hard turns yesterday, man my car handles pretty darn good for what it is!

·
Registered
566 Posts
The rear-sway bar minimized the tip over feel and improved cornering. Great for changing lanes in a hurry.

Did anybody with the RWD and both f/r sway bars notice that over a steep incline and sharp turn that one of the rear tires doesn't make as good contact with the road as before (easier to spin)? In other words, less body flexing/twisting causes one of the rear tires not to make full contact with the road when the flex otherwise would've helped this tire to make better contact with the road. Minor overall and I mainly notice it when going into the steep driveway while making a 90degree turn from a stop. Other than that, it seems to be a nice overall improvement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts