Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the cars that RWD FX35 can beat that are $30,000+ ?? I saw some post that you guys posted, and some of you saying RWD FX35 can do 0 - 60 in 6.6 sec?? and some of you did in 7.4 sec?? 0.8 sec is huge!~
Can we beat IS300?? New TL?? Just Curious...I'm just thinking if I should mod this car or not...feels pretty quick though.
And I contacted Audi in Santa Monica and he said he will sell 05 S4 for $3800 under MSRP (It will still round up to $50,000), good deal? Should I go for it? Sadly...C55 AMG & M3's sell for sticker :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
With a broken-in motor and RWD config. you should be able to clear 0-60MPH in 7 sec without mods. Don't try taking on the new TLs unless you wanna get spanked. Dunno about the IS300. Last I've driven one it didn't feel like a rocketship to me. As far as the S4, haven't heard one bad thing about it. Notwithstanding Audi funky reliability I'd say this is a solid choice. In a couple years the M3 would be replaced with a model packing 380HP V8, or so I hear. So there's no point in pouring all that dough into one right now.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Don't try taking on the new TLs unless you wanna get spanked
The difference between fx35 and tl isn't big enough to "get spanked". It would be close and would depend on the acura driver (knowing how to launch it properly, when to change gears, etc...)

Can we beat IS300?? New TL?? Just Curious
The way I think of it is that any car within a second of me is a fair game. Remember that there are a lot of manual transmission cars out there with drivers who cannot drive them. This is especially true to younger and unexperienced drivers. If you want a list of cars you can beat, pickup a Car and Driver magazine or such, as they usually list 0-60 times of cars they have tested. Check their time for fx as well and make your own conclusions.
Can you beat IS300 or TL? Yes and No. A good driver behind the wheel of any of these two cars will come out on top however in either case you will give them a good run for their money. :wink:

Should I go for it? Sadly...C55 AMG & M3's sell for sticker
C55 and AMG are not in the same class as FX. If you want a car you can take to the track, get an M3 or Mercedes. If you want a comfort of an SUV with an awesome performance, get an FX.

Kris

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've driven the new TL forward, and backward and sideways. Trust me, it ain't the car for you to race unless you're packing a V8 under the hood. And I'm yet talking about TLs with 5AT.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I drove the TL as well and I wasn't impressed in the least. It may be as fast or marginally faster than my FX, but it just didn't feel very nice on the road or in the corners (**** FWD); wasn't impressed with the build quality, either. 'Course I did drive it right after a 540i...

·
Registered
599 Posts
The FX will take the IS300. That is.. The FX35 AWD will. I know this for a fact because my brother has an IS300 (cold air intake and HKS exhaust too!)

The FX will take it from a red light, but as you get up to higher speeds the IS will easily pull away because of the better aerodynamics and less drag.

The FX35 AWD will ALSO take a RSX-S from a redlight, but again, at speeds > 60mph the RSX will pull away because of better aerodynamics.

The FX has great torque to pull it off a red light I think, but pulling power at higher speeds isn't all that great IMHO.

Against a BMW 330Xi, the FX will be head to head with it. This I tested against my friend's car. He couldn't pull away from me, and I couldn't pull from him.

Those are actual tested results btw. So the FX doesn't do too bad considering it is NOT a sedan.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C55 and AMG are not in the same class as FX. If you want a car you can take to the track, get an M3 or Mercedes. If you want a comfort of an SUV with an awesome performance, get an FX.

Kris[/quote]

I never said I will get rid of FX :D I was very impressed by my friend's C55 but getting a same car would be kind of lame so I decided to go either M3 or S4, and right M3 will pack more HP next year with brand new model and so is S4. I even heard rumor about RS4. I think I'm gonna get the S4 for now and when RS4 is really available here, I'll trade-in my S4. I'm gonna drive down to Audi of Santa Monica next week to see S4. He said he has 2 in his lot and one of'em is Black/Black and the other one is Silver/don't know.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ak1nza said:
The FX will take the IS300. That is.. The FX35 AWD will. I know this for a fact because my brother has an IS300 (cold air intake and HKS exhaust too!)

The FX will take it from a red light, but as you get up to higher speeds the IS will easily pull away because of the better aerodynamics and less drag.

The FX35 AWD will ALSO take a RSX-S from a redlight, but again, at speeds > 60mph the RSX will pull away because of better aerodynamics.

The FX has great torque to pull it off a red light I think, but pulling power at higher speeds isn't all that great IMHO.

Against a BMW 330Xi, the FX will be head to head with it. This I tested against my friend's car. He couldn't pull away from me, and I couldn't pull from him.

Those are actual tested results btw. So the FX doesn't do too bad considering it is NOT a sedan.
I think that is pretty impressive for SUV. Being faster than IS300 and RSX-S is good enough for me. :wink:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I never said I will get rid of FX Very Happy I was very impressed by my friend's C55
I must agree. C55 is a piece of art however with recent elimination of free maintenance program by Mercedes for 2005, they are scaring customers away. I did consider a C55 as well, however knowing reliability of German cars + my and my friends experiences, I decided to go with a Jap. brand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Compare the FX to a car is like compare a passanger car with a bike. The FX is fast for a SUV without the boring style. Weight is the key to performance.

·
Registered
848 Posts
creamin said:
Ak1nza said:

I think that is pretty impressive for SUV. Being faster than IS300 and RSX-S is good enough for me. :wink:
The FX45 will take the IS300...been there, done it :wink:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FromHereToInfiniti said:
creamin said:
Ak1nza said:

You sure!? :D J/K

·
Registered
319 Posts
Having a 2004 TL 5AT and a 2005 FX35 AWD in my driveway I can tell you that the FX35 is no match for the TL, not even close.

Save face and pass on challenging someone with a TL

·
Registered
848 Posts
creamin said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
creamin said:
Ak1nza said:

You sure!? :D J/K
I played tag with one over about a 2 mile stretch, including a couple of red lights. Had no trouble staying ahead. We never got over 60mph, so I don't know about high end. This could be just a driver who didn't know how to use his vehicle...don't know. A quick Google of "is300 0-60" shows alot of *yawn* 7 sec. times, and quarters in the mid 15s...which I can easily beat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts