Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searching here and FA seems to leave alot of open threads. what is the final say so on how to fully get this mod. done completely? parts , etc. thanks

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It's too expensive to be worth it IMO. You have to replace all of the switch units with the $110 or so auto up/down units from the driver's window switch. I talked it over with Carvey Parker back when he was the Grubbs part guy and he said that's all it should take, but couldn't guarantee that it would work since no-one has tried it. He offered to take the units back if it didn't work, so if you want to give it a shot, maybe you can work the same deal with wherever you get parts from.

·
Registered
60 Posts
With the auto switches installed from the factory, you get 'pinch protection', i.e. if you have something hanging out the window and you close the window using the auto up, the window will automatically reverse if there is something in the way.

Does the window automatically reverse if you don't have the auto switches? If not, then it is even more than just replacing the switches to get the same function (federal law requires the auto reverse feature for safety).

Gary...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
True. Not sure about that part of it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if it is a matter of $110. or so , I am willing to take the plunge for all the necessary switches involved - could some one knowledgeable please get the proper replacement part #s involved. this will aid in the 35 being an suv w/a little more luxury in the mix.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That IS ~$110 for EACH switch. For part # and exact pricing, look it up on infinitiparts.com or simply call Grubbs.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drivers side front , pass. left rear, right rear / 3 switches , am i correct that the pass. right front won't be needed?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I don't recall if the pass front window is auto down from the driver's control panel and my FX is currently 1500 miles away so I can't check it. If you want to have everything be auto up/down, you'd need to replace the ones on the driver's panel that aren't (2 or 3) and all three of the window switches on the remainder of the doors (if the pass one isn't an auto switch).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
screw all the other passengers , front or rear - all i want is driver conveience! can't i just change the complete drivers window control switch to operate all windows auto up/down from the drivers seat?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The switches in that panel are individual, so you'd theoretically just need to replace the three that aren't auto up/down (or is it two?).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
front two are auto.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys, pinch me if i'm dreamin' , but the drivers side switch is ONE composite switch, get your screwdrivers out! swap this out for the fx45 and you are there ,...huh?!!?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I haven't actually torn into it to see if it is a single unit there, but I don't believe the '45 has all four auto up/down either. I know the '45 can lower all four windows from the fob, whereas the '35 only does the front two, but I think that's the only difference. Someone with a '45 care to confirm or refute this?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i only noticed this last night when the tinter did our front windows - he pulled the door panels and mirrors, so i checked out the switch. how about it 45 owners? thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, all of the 45 switches are auto up/down.

And all of the windows have pinch protection so that they auto reverse if you hit the up and someone has a limb (or head) hanging out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts