Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found several posts regarding tailgate hatch issue about FX35 but I haven't seen any actual solution.
So, I decide to do something myself.
After some test, I figured the main reason of the issue stated.
All other parts of the latch are pretty solid and don't look anything broken.
So, I just simply decide to open motor.
When I open it, I found the part of a motor that called 'commutator' on the shaft were turn black.
It looks totally smudged.
It is the common issue of the brushed motor.
So I clean it up and assemble back to the original and it just worked like new!
If your tailgate hatch working sometimes and doesn't work sometimes, try this solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
After repair, You don't have to reset any errors by OBD ? Becouse I clean my commutator, motor is back to life :) but now Body Control Module (BCM) don't give a signal to open trunk. I read something about VEHICLE SECURITY (THEFT WARNING) SYSTEM but I don't know how to reset it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great tip!
A lot of people have the basic hand tools needed, but all it takes to clean a dirty fouled commutator is a pencil eraser. I used to do it when I was racing RC cars.

Works on the brushes too but be careful.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The problem that I have with the rear hatch on my 2007 FX35 is the button that is in the right side of the chrome strip has fallen inside the hatch. Something rotted away and I'm guessing that parts either aren't available or you have to buy way more than I need.

Has anyone repaired or replaced whatever is inside the rear hatch that holds this chrome button in place?

Getting everything apart to see what rotes away is probably a real adventure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts