Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
First of all I think this forum is great and very informative. As a future 2004 FX AWD owner the forum helped me a lot on what to expect or not to expect from the FX.
What got me to consider buying one is this forum and the test drive I did last weekend. The salesman took me to a gravel vacant lot to test the firmness of the ride(w/o sport) and It was just fine in fact my wifes jetta is even stiffer, then he said to make a sharp turn(circle) while accelerating and man this thing did not skid :shock: . It was very responsive and i felt in control all the way :D. My friend was also amazed that it can do that but also almost vomited :oops: :lol: . After that demo I was sold.
Anyway my real questions are:
1. Is $40500 with tech and touring a good deal? What do you think
is the lowest price I can get?
2. Anyone from MA that can refer me to a dealer that can give me a
good price?
3. Should I wait till the 05's come out to get a better deal?

My lease is up by the end of this month but since I can just borrow my wife's car then I'm in no hurry... but I will jump on a good deal if ever it comes my way [-o< I just cant wait to finally own one.

Thank you... I will try to post some pics when I get my new ride. I will also try to do the simple MODS from this forum. Seems simple enough with the well documented instructions + pics. :scratch:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there. I am in the same boat as you... in MA (Brookline) and am getting ready to take the plunge into an FX. I've been speaking with a salesman at Quirk Infiniti in Braintree. He quoted me $36,540 for an '04 FX35 with Touring. He claims that they are a volume dealer and all they care about are the number of cars that get pushed out by the end of the month.

You may want to give them a call. Let me know what they give ya. Also, what dealers have you been working with?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought my FX35 from Quirk in Braintree for $41000. It had Tech and Touring, wanted the sports package, but they did not have any that included all three in the color I wanted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
kcumberbatch said:
I bought my FX35 from Quirk in Braintree for $41000. It had Tech and Touring, wanted the sports package, but they did not have any that included all three in the color I wanted.
What was your opinion of the Quirk dealership?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i bought my 2004 for 500 bux over dealer cost back in november.
recently most folks seem to be doing better from 200 to 500.
go to edmunds or some other auto site and get the dealer cost for your vehicle with the exact options .
then add 200 to 500 and that should put you in the ball park.
at the time i got mines for 42900 with the options in my signature.
good luck and shop several dealers even out of state.
i bought in NY and now service in NJ without any problems whatsoever. even get g35 loaner cars and the service is way better than my previous mercedes dealer.
however some other folks had problems with their service departments
hope you get you baby soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nine20Eight said:
kcumberbatch said:
What was your opinion of the Quirk dealership?
I had no issues with the dealership, but I do with the Service Department. I guess Infiniti of Norwood spoiled me, but, I'm use to getting a loaner even for an oil change - not so with Quirk's service department.

·
Registered
597 Posts
If you can wait for '05s then do so. As far as who to buy from, I picked up mine from Norwood 'cause they were the only ones who had what I wanted in stock. Generally they tend to have a fairly decent selection. Since I bought it in November-as 04s were just rolling off the truck-they weren't dealing. But I paid near invoice anyway thru VPP. The guy I dealt with was Nathan and it was the most straightforward transaction in my memory. I handed him my trade's title with a check on Friday and on Tuesday drove off in the Pumpkin. Granted I didn't have to haggle, but what struck me was not having to go thru GM and F & I guys with their usual dealer add-on B.S. Norwood doesn't even put dealer decal on the butt of your car. If you live up north, you can talk to Tony-the-Italian from Kelly. They normally have a ton of cars, albeit 1/3 of those are usually incoming. I don't recommend Chambers since last time I bought from them the management turned out total a-holes. Every useless dealer extra there was they tried to pin on me. First the GM, then that slimeball from F & I office. Oh, and they lied to me about what I was getting on the car. Dunno nothing about Quirk, but the area around their store hardly could've been dumpier.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Definitely check out Edmunds to find out the invoice and use that as your basis for comparison. Also ask the dealer which sales person handles their fleet sales and get a quote from that person. Apparently they don't work on commission. Also, sometimes it's better to wait for the end of the month - if they are behind on their monthly numbers, they'll be more willing to deal.

I just got a loaded 2004 FX45 for $750 under invoice (my sales rep handled their fleet sales). Stopped by the showroom Monday, drove away in my baby less than 24hrs later. Couldn't have asked for a smoother deal (thanks Bart!) - no GM or F&I.

FYI, other dealers were quoting about $1,000 to $1,500 OVER invoice...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
PhilP69 said:
Definitely check out Edmunds to find out the invoice and use that as your basis for comparison. Also ask the dealer which sales person handles their fleet sales and get a quote from that person. Apparently they don't work on commission. Also, sometimes it's better to wait for the end of the month - if they are behind on their monthly numbers, they'll be more willing to deal.

I just got a loaded 2004 FX45 for $750 under invoice (my sales rep handled their fleet sales). Stopped by the showroom Monday, drove away in my baby less than 24hrs later. Couldn't have asked for a smoother deal (thanks Bart!) - no GM or F&I.

FYI, other dealers were quoting about $1,000 to $1,500 OVER invoice...
Which dealership did you get yours from?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got it from Infiniti of Massapequa. I checked out Millenium in Great Neck - didn't like those people at all. It was like shopping for a Geo. Massapequa was first rate all the way. My sales rep was Bart Mandero.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PhilP69 said:
I got it from Infiniti of Massapequa. I checked out Millenium in Great Neck - didn't like those people at all. It was like shopping for a Geo.
I hear you there. We went to Millenium and they treated us like we were crap, even the sales manager too. Just cause I asked a few questions about my monthly with different down payments, they assumed I could not afford it. Well, they lost a sale of a loaded 45. :lol:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all your quick replies :D
I went to Kelly Infiniti in Danvers, at first they quoted me at 42K then they said they can go as low as $40500. Since Im not ready to buy I did not haggle, but I feel I can get it even lower.
I'm also talking to Quirk Infiniti and they said they can work out a deal at a much lower price(send them an email that my asking price is 39K). I also seen their ad saying they offer $8K below invoice??? [-o< Im not sure what package but I will visit them as soon as I'm ready to buy.

Again thank you... and Nine20 I will send you a PM on the price quotes I will get for my options. Maybe if we can buy at the same time we can get a much sweeter deal??? :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
6 Posts
fearFX said:
Thank you for all your quick replies :D
I went to Kelly Infiniti in Danvers, at first they quoted me at 42K then they said they can go as low as $40500. Since Im not ready to buy I did not haggle, but I feel I can get it even lower.
I'm also talking to Quirk Infiniti and they said they can work out a deal at a much lower price(send them an email that my asking price is 39K). I also seen their ad saying they offer $8K below invoice??? [-o< Im not sure what package but I will visit them as soon as I'm ready to buy.

Again thank you... and Nine20 I will send you a PM on the price quotes I will get for my options. Maybe if we can buy at the same time we can get a much sweeter deal??? :eek:ccasion5:
Fear,

That works just fine with me. As much as I'd like the Tech package, I'm not at a point where I can justify the added expense. Still, though, I will be buying one in the near future (within 2 mos). Fear, what is your expected time frame to purchase? Feel free to email anytime.

·
Registered
832 Posts
FearFX & Nine20Eight,

Bought my 03'FX35 Tech at Kelly Infiniti for $42,500 includes splash-guards, roof-rails(addt'l on 2003) & all season trunk mat.

DVD Entertainment System included on 2003.

Quirk Infiniti wasn't around, so my options locally was Herb Chambers(never do business there), Norwood & Kelly. It was a tug-a-war between Norwood & Kelly, due to the combo I wanted...Beryllium/Graphite Tech Pkg. At the time, this combo was available so who ever received this first in their inventory got my sale...Kelly won. Plus I got $2500 more for my trade in...Lexus IS300.

I highly recommend Kelly for their sales dept...service is a different story! Too bad my sales person no longer works there and had moved to NYC...I still keep in touch.

Nine...I also reside in Brookline 8)

Good luck on your quests! :)

Any questions...PM me. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey John Max and Philp69. I'm a long islander getting ready to get the FX35. I have been to all the dealers on LI, the reason Millenium is so pushy is that they are part of the Atlantic Auto Group and they are notorious for being pushy. Massapequa is a loan dealer, they have just the one franchise, and they get business from people who can't deal with Atlantic/Millenium.

Anyway I'm in the market for a lease on a Sport/Touring
and have numbers from $550 all the way down to $470. sure seems like a lot to me?
Anyone from LI/Ny leasing a similiarly equipped model?

·
Registered
220 Posts
mkfx said:
Hey John Max and Philp69. I'm a long islander getting ready to get the FX35. I have been to all the dealers on LI, the reason Millenium is so pushy is that they are part of the Atlantic Auto Group and they are notorious for being pushy. Massapequa is a loan dealer, they have just the one franchise, and they get business from people who can't deal with Atlantic/Millenium.

and have numbers from $550 all the way down to $470. sure seems like a lot to me?
I purchased my FX, so I don't have any basis for comparison on leases - never even asked about them. Bart Mandero (Massapequa) might be able to get you a better deal than one of the other sales reps since he handles fleet sales. Not sure if it holds true for leases though... might be worth a shot.

Phil Piazza

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
mkfx said:

I heard nothing but great things about Massapequa, but they never wanted to match prices w/ me over the phone. Millenium SUCKED but I ended up buying from their sister dealership, Atlantic. I guess I was lucky to deal with the right ppl there.

I have no idea about lease deals... but give Michael Weitz @ Atlantic a call. He's their internet sales mgr. Tell him ujmot from FA (Tom w/ the silver FX35) sent you. I'm sure he'll try his best to hook you up. It's worth a try.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Also call Alan Stricoff at Competition Infiniti in Smithtown. He hooked us up with a great leftover lease. My lease is a loaded '03 45 so my numbers won't match what you are looking for.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nine,
That's the same time frame I'm looking at... maybe end of july or august. I dont know your email add so here's mine [email protected].

Infx,
Thanks for the info... for some reason I dont like Herb Chambers did not even considered them. So I'm looking at Quirk and Kelly. For service who do you recommend? I'm also looking at the same color combo as yours...sorry, and will probably end up with stillen CAI too and maybe a crawford plemun. Not sure about the Z tube since I dont like too much engine noise. Did you install it yourself?

I know, I know I dont have my FX yet and I'm already talking about MODS... this only means how much this forum influenced me and how excited Iam in getting the FX :D

·
Registered
832 Posts
fearFX said:
Infx,
Thanks for the info... for some reason I dont like Herb Chambers did not even considered them. So I'm looking at Quirk and Kelly. For service who do you recommend?
All my services has been with Kelly so far. I'm in the process of searching for better service, maybe Quirk?
Look here for my last experience with them: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1038

will probably end up with stillen CAI too and maybe a crawford plenum. Not sure about the Z tube since I dont like too much engine noise. Did you install it yourself?

I know, I know I dont have my FX yet and I'm already talking about MODS... this only means how much this forum influenced me and how excited Iam in getting the FX :D
I would highly recommend the Z tube, especially if you are considering the Crawford Plenum. I think the Stillen produces more sound than the Z Tube does...and yes, I installed it myself.
I'm trying to justify $400 for the plenum, due to my G-Tech runs I'm getting low to mid 6's already! Plus I custom painted my engine cover and it won't fit with the Crawford. :p
My next mod will be spacers (15mm frt & 20mm rear) and maybe H&R lowering springs...if this combo can work together. If not, just the spacers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts