Infiniti FX Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
saether said:
Perhaps that is a flawed approach.
Yup not the best longterm way to do that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I decided purchased a high quality repair kit from ebay that has life-time warranty and now the locks has been working perfectly for over a year (when I tried the $5 fix mention on this forum the cheap actuators broke in less than a month ) to those who want to get it right the first time just search "FX35 or FX45 lock repair kit" on eBay. here is a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITI-FX...finiti|Model:FX35&hash=item19e0165ad0&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
6 Posts
The one i bought from Ebay works great. The actuator just doesn't look like the cheap 5 dollar actuators you see everywhere.When I searched for FX35 door lock actuators there was a few sellers out there but what sold me on this one is that he is a MECP first class installer. When i was chatting with him on ebay he gave me his phone number and said call him if i have any problems with the install and he would be glad to help. Here is the link if anyone wants it http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITI-FX...s&fits=Model:FX35&hash=item41855bdd5d&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
10 Posts
power door lock problem, fix ,repair.

I found a company that makes a repair kit for the infiniti door locks . It hooks into the factory system and powers your door locks like new . It is quick and easy to install and cost less than $50 per door and they have a lifetime warranty . took me less than a hour to do and the kit comes with everything you need and has good instructions and photos .
Check them out USActuators.com

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
9 Posts
Mine Too

My Driver Side Door and now the Passenger door have gone bad, same with a friend who has the same car. Could this be a class action lawsuit to force infiniti to fix these things for free. Never done that sort of thing, but it seems like we could petition the company with a bunch of owner names and maybe they're agree to fix problem. (I doubt it but worth a try maybe?)

Benj
I’ve got this same problem!
This drives me crazy, first the passenger side, now the driver side won’t roll down half the time either.
Does anyone know if there was a fix for this or any kind of recall that happen? Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
to my knowledge there has not been a recall for the window motors or the door lock actuators. No extension of the warranty for this either. I'm not sure if USA-Actuators is still in business either. The last couple of postings in regards to them have been that they are not responding to emails/calls. If your problem is intermittent then I would pull the drivers side switch assembly and check/clean all connections.

Otherwise, the only fix that I know of at this point is to replace the motors with oem or aftermarket. Not particularly difficult from what I know as there are plenty of youtube videos out there these days.

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
9 Posts
to my knowledge there has not been a recall for the window motors or the door lock actuators. No extension of the warranty for this either. I'm not sure if USA-Actuators is still in business either. The last couple of postings in regards to them have been that they are not responding to emails/calls. If your problem is intermittent then I would pull the drivers side switch assembly and check/clean all connections.

Otherwise, the only fix that I know of at this point is to replace the motors with oem or aftermarket. Not particularly difficult from what I know as there are plenty of youtube videos out there these days.
So the drivers side window controls no longer work for the drivers window or passengers window, it works for the back windows. Any idea what part would be needeed for this problem??
Thanks so much!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts