Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
yes. both are very nice but are for different purposes. i will say that the V6 toureg is incredibly weak compared to the FX35 and even the V8 does not perform like the FX35. the toureg has a very nice interior quality, and of course its layout is subjective. the FX35 is basically if you want a vehicle that can perform (i.e.. its fun to drive) and need a littel more room and utility than a sedan. the toureg is more of a "cushy" cruiser that can handle off road better than the FX.

i have always liked both cars for their purpose, but if you are performance oriented there is NO comaprison...go for the FX ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have considered both, did some research and here is my 2C

Touareg is an SUV… period. It was designed for this purpose from the ground up.
First of all you need to decide what is important to you.
Looking to explore some rough terrain? Climb steep heels? VW will do it very well; I have tried it during test drive and was really impressed, it was on par with Land Rover. Just forget about V6, 220 HP is not enough to move 5000 lb…
Also, first year model from VW does not inspire much confidence when it comes to reliability.

FX is a sports car with the backpack.
If you are planning to stay on the road and just need some additional traction during winter time to get to your ski resort, this is it! Performance, style, handling… FX has it all. Just don’t wander to far off road; it was not built for it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Reliability on the Touareg is not so great from what i have read. Lots of folks seem to be having problems with them. After reading horror story after horror story, i struck it off my short list.

·
Registered
185 Posts
One of the things that I did not like about the Touareg is having to replace the timing belts at 60k. The FX uses timing chains. No replacement requirement.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I absolutely HATED the slushbox auto tranny on the Toureg. With the V8 it had enough power to have some fun, but boggy shifts ruined any potential it ever had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts