Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I Just ordered a FX35 loaded without the Tech package
Should I get the Tech package? it is a 7500$ price tag in Canada?
Please advise

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's not really loaded if it doesn't have the tech pkg., right?
I would love the car without tech, but all the different gadgets and technologies are great. The ones I like most are keyless entry and ignition(don't have to reach into my pocket anymore except to get the keys to the house or adjust the boys), Nav, rearview camera, and tire pressure monitor. I have the DVD too, but don't use it that much.
See if you can spend some time in one at the dealer just playing around with the tech stuff and you might decide it's worth it for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love my FX without Tech! I admit I would love to have those other gadgets and they would come in handy sometimes, but I have no regrets.

Since I'm leasing my FX, in the end it was all about no money down and the lowest monthly payment possible, and for myself, I couldn't justify the added $100-$150 month for the tech package.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am on the total opposite side of the spectrum, my last car didnt get Nav and I regretted it. This time I went with the smaller engine and got the goodies :D Copper_FX is right about the extra $100-150 for the tech. package. Drive both, check the bankbooks, and make your decision from there. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I would not have bought the FX it didn't have the NAV as an option.

Although the car is awesome without it, my last car did not have NAV and I've regretted it for the past 3 years. Considering that FX Nav system is one of the best in the industry right now and competitively priced -- I couldn't resist it. A couple complaints about it from other owners are the coverage is poor in many areas and it has a bug at finding "nearby" items. However, it's faster at recalculating routes and locating the car than most other systems I have tested. Plus I love the birds-eye view.

All the other tech goodies are a bonus in my opinion. The only negatives I can see about the tech package is the extra $$$ and that the added complexity/sensors means there is more potential for problems in the future (which should not be a problem if you lease).

If you are going to be wondering if you should have gotten the tech package each time you drive the car then I'd say it's worth it to buy it. If not, then don't get it only to regret the extra $$$.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Speaking on NAV systems with our competitors I drove my future brother in laws Toureg and his NAV is a ripoff! It only has major roads and is only useful when finding locations on these roads (CD based) On the other hand Honda/Acura's new systems are just as good if not better then Infiniti's plus they have touch screen. The NAV coverage in my area is great! I have used it at least once or twice a week, now I dont think I could own another car without it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts