Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the original owner of a 2008 FX35 with over 110,000 miles. Just had to replace a gas/air sensor or regulator thingy...ouch! The vehicle has been maintained according to manufacturer's recommendations. I want to feel better about this >$600 part + labor. Anyone know what the life expectancy could possibly be? 150,000 miles? 200,000 miles? What is my next likely huge repair expenditure going to be?
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nissan issued a special extended warranty for the cooling system (radiator & fans), and it's a good thing they did. When making a regular check on fluids, I noticed the radiator resivor was nearly empty. Took it to the dealer and in fact the fans had failed, and the radiator overheated and started to slowly leak. (the engine never overheated). If it had not been covered under this special warranty, the repair (according to the dealer) would have been $1700. Also, the exhaust failed due to internal rusting (after 8 years). $800+

·
Registered
19 Posts
sold my 03' 2 years ago with 227k for $7500!! It was running great. When I got rid of it people asked if I was getting a new FX and my response was that if I was getting the same car there was no reason to get rid of my current one. It was running that good at 227k

·
Registered
3 Posts
At 125,000 my FX 35 has been great- the only major repair I will need has to do with door lock actuators, apparently a common problem.
Otherwise all I have done so far is the usual maintenance stuff. I am eyeing the 2017 QX 30...Kathy

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have an '03 that I bought new that is going pretty strong at 213,000... I am currently fixing my front drive shafts as the CV boots all ripped... you should look forward to replacing your door lock actuators which will likely go out on you if they have not done so already...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts