Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Sometime the exploded view diagram is there ^ and sometime it's not. :? ...when it is, it's great, thanks gtxjoe :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
the only thing i had to do to change the air filter was undo the clips. although it was tight, i didnt even have to remove the mounting bolt for the air cleaner case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can someone post the picutres or diagrams on how to replace air filter on FX35?? The other thread doesn't show or explain.

·
Registered
934 Posts
azfx35 said:
Can someone post the picutres or diagrams on how to replace air filter on FX35?? The other thread doesn't show or explain.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Sorry to ask a noob question but what is a good way to replace the air filter? I tried to replace the stock air filter with a K&N drop-in but no luck. My problem was the bolt which was holding the Air Cleaner Case (12) was so tight and I couldn't turn it.

I know some people managed to pull the air filter out just by undoing the clips. I just don't know how you guys can do it :( .

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I put in my K&N today, and it was really easy once I figured out what to do, so Datman told me to write it up for others to see. My way was to remove the front part of the intake system, leaving half the airbox still connected to intake tube. Basically you un-latch 4 clips, unscrew one bolt, and unscrew two plastic screws.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
And now all you have to do is pull up on the airbox to pop is out of the brackets it connects to underneath. once the front part is detached, you can just slid it to the left and then you have full access to the filter. once filter is replaced, just slide the airbox back in, clip it back on, then line it up on the bottom and pop it back in the brackets. then re-attach the plastic cover above the grill, put the outer part of the screw in first, then just pop the inner part in, make sure the holes are lined up. finally, tighten the screw back and everything should be fitting together now. for me, the box didnt seem to perfectly fit with the filter, like it was a little big. oh and when i had the airbox out i shook it around and cleaned it a bit. there was a lot of dust and some other objects in there. may also want to dust of the intake before new filter goes in to keep out any dust. if anyone has any questions on this, i can add updates or other pictures if one part is confusing. now its alot easier for me to take this apart, so i can take more pics as needed. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Thanks for the updated HOW TO... I'm gonna be doing this in about 2 weeks so this came JUST in time :)

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
To add to this HOW TO, I just installed my K&N and found a lazy way to do it... but you'll need an extra pair of hands...

1. Look at StuLax18's 6th picture down... you'll need to undo that bolt and of course the 4 clips...

2. Have a friend use 2 hands, one on each corner of the top of the air cleaner case (#12 in the diagram) and push.

3. Now enough of the old cleaner will be exposed that you can pull it out and if you're fast, you can drop in the K&N filter the same way...

4. Redo all the clips and put the nut back on.

NOTE: Be careful when removing the nut... mine stayed together so it was easy, but I don't think anything is holding the nut on the bottom and it may fall down into your engine compartment. Just be careful of this part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 2007 FX 35, I was able to replace the filter just by loosing filter clamps, loosing the housing moutiing bracket to side wall. Its a tight going, but works into place. It took about 20 minutes for the first time. I used a Fram AirHOG, PPA 4309, and its a good fit. This filter is much better than the Nissan original one and is washable. At less than $10 each on Amazon, I'm just going to replace every 12K miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found that removing the four screws at the back of the air filter housing on my fx 35 saves on effort. I found a lot of caked dirt in the intake plenum on the side towards the hood. Removed housing and went after it with dish soap and a brush. An amazing amount of black mud came out. Dried thoroughly and re-assembled with kn filter. Which by the way did not help fuel mileage. I also unplugged the mass air flow sensor to protect electrical connector.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts