Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd start a thread where the sound of all the different systems could be compared easily.
This morning, my brother and I used my Garmin iQue3600 to record the sound of my exhaust. I got it onto the computer and here it is. Didn't come out too badly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was wondering how are you recording it. Are you inside the car and the car is in motion or just having the recorder outside and flooring the car.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jimsbmw said:
I was wondering how are you recording it. Are you inside the car and the car is in motion or just having the recorder outside and flooring the car.

Jim
I had my brother stand outside and hit the record button. The first recording was the "rev" one and then I had him record me heading up the road a bit. Since it's also a Palm Pilot, I did a hot sync to the computer, changed the file name from a .wav to a .mpg to be able to upload it here.

Granted, it's not the same as being there. It sounds much better in person, but it'll give people an idea of the kind of sound you might expect out of a setup like I have.

Dave

·
Registered
520 Posts
**** that sounds so nice compared to my stock exhaust...Ive been looking into exhausts so hopefully Ill be happy with it, what are the gains you feel?

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks -
I picked up about .2 of a second in the 1/4 and 0-60. I did the Stillen CAI and the exhaust at the same time. I G-Teched it before and after.
There's pictures of my exhaust on Piniti's "Custom True Dual" thread.

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewto ... light=dual

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just G-Teched myself 2 weeks ago again and my best time was 15.59 @ 92.9 mph.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
I lIke

Sounds pretty nasty bro... You guy's are making me think naughty thoughts.. I can picture myself at the local muffler shop with pics of your custom set up now......

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I've got both a ztube and popcharger- I notice a bit of a raspy whistle at higher (3500+) rpms- do others with same setup have the same sound? thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.