Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was doing some more wondering...can the receiver from the XM commander unit be used to install XM to an fx 35 that did not come with xm installed from the dealer but is probably xm ready. I am pretty handy and can do the wiring and configurations and antenna install without a problem, i was more worried if the unit would work and also if the wires would marry up accordingly and i'll be able to view/contol all the channels on the lcd screen that comes with the car's head unit by hitting the sat button.

If this cannot be done i already know how to add 2 aux inputs into the existing car radio, but then i would have to use the head unit that comes with the commander to control/view the channels. I pretty much want to avoid using the commander's head unit and have the receiver just integrate with the car's sat radio funtionality.

i understand from grubbs you can get the xm unit and it comes with pretty much everything i'd need to do a full install, but since i have the system already what extra pieces/wires would i need to make it work?

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know. Also a list of equipment i would need to get the job done would be great as well and maybe even where i could get them...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
XM Commander will not work using the existing Sat connections. Clarion makes the OEM units and use proprietary harnesses and communications between the headunit & sat unit.

The only way to get that sort of functionality is to go with the OEM XM receiver, which seems to have a lot of issues.

*Moved to the appropriate section by me*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts