Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

This is my first post to the board. I recently became an owner of a lightly used 2011 FX35. I am intending to relace the Bose amp / speakers for at least the four doors & Sub. Hopefully this is not a repeat question, but could not find a direct answer for the 2nd generation FX using the forum search.

My question are:
- has anyone done this for a 09+ model
- can I simply splice in the low level inputs to the Bose amp to get RCA line into my new amp
- any noise surpression needed on this line going to the new amp.

Talked to a guy who does after market factory installs who insisted this would be a problem with a bose head unit. Not even sure that the head unit is in fact Bose. I replaced the amp in my prior car (2010 Maxima). Running off the main amp input worked without issue. The navigation unit in the Nissan reported to be made by Clarion. Best I can tell this is a very similar amp configuration.

Thanks for any insight.

Adrian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I spliced Into the factory bose amp to add amp and subs it worked fine untill I started reading that you could use the cable running to the factory sub at spare tire so I did exactly how they said and my amp comes on fine but the bose head unit stopped working altogether checked all fuses I could find is it possible where I first spliced into amp I have wires touching or idk all suggestions please thank in advance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts