Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2009 FX35 Sport premium package with 3K miles on it. It has < 90K miles on it, I’ve loved it and I thought I’d be keeping it many more years! It has always been parked in the garage. When out and about if the car is ever sitting for any period of time I have a son reflective visor cover I use across the entire front.

A month ago I noticed cracks, starting & stopping from one side of the dashboard to the other side. No where is it cracked where the sun hits through the window.
My Infiniti dealer told me this is not a recall nor on any warranty list and he could not help me!
With this issue and the windows not working, I will not buy another Infinity.

Anyone have any ideas of how to repair or get help with this?
Thank you,
Deb

Attachments

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please understand this is just a suggestion; if it were me, I would look for a part replacement online. While dealer prices are in the 2K range, there may be a dash replacement available on Ebay for a lot less. Recently I saw one for 850.00, and if I needed it for my QX70,which it would also fit, I would seriously consider it.
Hello, yes the $850 is doable however, to have it installed would be double that. I'm not that handy...
It seems very odd that this cracked as it did, I'm very upset with Infinity not taking care of this!!!

·
Registered
Infinity FX35
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I lose sleep over my engine not running perfect, but I can live with my dash cracks if the only option is to spend $400+ dollars. Some owners went with the dash-cover approach, but I don't know if I would be happy with that? I also have seen where a professional shop will remove the dash... fill in the cracks, sand, retexture, and paint to fully restore, but that too seems like too much work. It seems to me there should be an "in-car" solution and that's what I'm looking for.
Hi, wondering where you found a $400 fix? I'd take that in a fast-track minute!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts