Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New here..discovered this forum while researching a couple of issues that have presented themselves with our 2004 FX35, 10K miles, which will be a year old at the end of February. BTW, before I begin, let me just say that we absolutely LOVE our FX; it's a sports car-on steroids and truly offers the best of ALL worlds...amazing handling, sleek, agressive and innovative styling, SPEED...and ROOM!! It blows away our previous car (which was a Benz) in just about every respect. I never get tired of looking at it (and in our area there are a LOT of them to look at ) or driving it.
That said, hopefully someone here can give me some insight.
I am having it serviced on the 29th....it recentlly developed the rear brake pad squeal noise in the morning (TSB). In addition, in my research, I discoverd that the clunk I sometimes hear from the left front fender area as I exit my driveway (not the ABS self-check noise..which happens later) is apparently also under a TSB.
However, the last two times I exited the driveway, a new noise occured. As I back out into the street, I reverse to the right. I put the car in drive, and then turn the wheel left to go up the street, and as I turn the wheel, I hear kind of a groan. It sounds a bit like a the noise that harp seals make..only a lower octive. However, I have yet to hear it at any other time that I make a left...or any other time at all for that matter.
It is definetly coming from the front end...perhaps even the steering mechanism itself. I have yet to find any mention of this anywhere, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced this issue...and what it might be. There is no problem whatsoever with the steering ( something I am sensitive to since the power steering pump on the Benz went at 30K miles).
The Benz we had was a screaming sour lemon with a capitol "L"...and a number of the issues I had with it were only resolved or at least addressed once I provided info for the service people that I found on forums such as this. IMO, these forums provide an invaluble service, and I'm very happy to have found this one. The local Infinti dealer has a very good service department...so I'm not expecting any problems. However, I've generally found that the more info one can provide, the quicker the resolution...so, thanks in advance for any help provided. :)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Maybe it's your tires? On the concrete of my parking garage, the machinations of getting out of my space and up and out thru the exit make my tires squeal like a cat being skinned.

·
Registered
882 Posts
if your only noticing it in the morning or after you start your car and drive off it may just be your ABS initializing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It's not my garage or driveway..as the sound has only occured twice..today and the day before..and nothing in my driveway has changed in the 10 months since we've owned the car.
Also, it's not the ABS self check..I've heard that from day one, once I am down the road, half way to the stop sign. I hear it every day. This is a different noise altogether..that only sounds if I turn left right after I've backed out to the right...
Thanks again though! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.