Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, the ShadyJC needs to take a bow. His sub box was an inpiration to do the installation that follows. Thanks to him and this magnificent group of enthusiasts who feed one another's passion.
OK...Here we go...
Equipment:
2 Pioneer-PREMIER TSW-124S 12 inch shallow mount sub-woofers. ...
These were chosen because they were shallow AND they can mount in .8 +/- 20% cubic feet. They were designed to go low and to perform just fine in .6 cubic feet and THAT THEY DO! :wink:
Alpine MRD-605 mono power amp- This digital amp was chosen because it cranked out a measured 640 watts into a 2 ohm load. This is the number from the factory.
The Premier woofers need gobs of power due to their small cabinet size.
Signal was taken from the Bose (piece of Junque) amp mounted inside the Bose (piece of junque) sub-woofer. The red and green wires were clipped and sent to a PAC converter which matched the levels to feed the Alpine amp. A level control was included on the back of the console. I just reach around to adjust the output of the sub box.
This system SLAMS! I've been in the car stereo industry and seen some incredible systems. The boys at HyperAudio, here in Katy designed and installed a killer box and system based on the pics provided by Shady.
Mine will follow below.
NOTE- I have many more pics to add but I'm unable to attach more than 3-4 pics. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
:shock: Dude, next time we have a HFXA event, you have to join. Love that blue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
VERTY NICE :shock:! someone hand me a tissue, i need to wipe the drool off my laptop. Looks like Shady has built himself a fanbase.

Was the box made done at a shop or home fabricated? I am in the process of planning something like that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And more pix..

The box was built by HyperAudio out here in Katy, TX. They looked at the vehicle, at Shady's pix, and went after it. The criteria was not to take too much room in the cargo area and for it to be removable.
One downside, I've found is that the box inhibits opening the cargo floor. Someone suggested a piano hinge.
And on to the show...

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And more pix..

Here are some more views of the box, panel, and installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you getting tired yet?

Here are some pics of the Bose (piece of junque) amp and the PAC converter.
I shot these pics with the express intent of sharing them with y'all.
It took me 2+ months just to find out IF the amp signal could be used.
Any questions, please let me know.
Drive cheerfully!
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Very nice! I have a single Pioneer TSW-124S in my car residing above the stock spare donut. It doesn't take up any of my cargo space and it works beautifully. :)

Earthquake also sells shallow mount subwoofers and they have designs which start at 6" all the way to 15". http://www.lightav.com/car/earth/subs.html. I am considering changing to two 8 or 10 inches, one on each side of the cargo area but don't have the time to do it. :p

Anyways great work! 8)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One box, 2 chambers

Each chamber is sealed unto itself. One box, 2 chambers. I didn't want to risk a back wave canceling out the other woofer.
These 4 ohm woofs are wired in series so the amp sees 2 ohms.
I should have answered that question earlier. Thank you for bringing it up.
Drive cheerfully! Ron

·
Registered
329 Posts
ooh

REALLY NICE! if u dont mind asking how much did it all cost? and you def. have to come to the HFXA meet and ill drive again from san ann!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cost?

I bought the Subs from a buddy at Pioneer. They were $91. plus shipping. The Alpine was purchased from the local Alpine Rep for $192.
That's $374.00
Shipping was another $26. and change to bring it to $400. for electronics.
HyperAudio charged me $600.00 for the box, PAC, heavy gauge wire, and labor.
Around $1000.00 installed and out the door.
I think it was very fair pricing for all.

Now, I need that piano hinge on my spare tire well.
Thanks for all the input. Drive Cheerfuly!
Ron

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seat Recline

The rear seat functions normally. That was a major criteria in the box design.
Thanks and drive cheerfully!
Ron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.