Infiniti FX Forum banner

FX - Short term joyride or Long term keeper?

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  FX Driver 
#1 ·
I'm curious what other people are projecting to be the life-span of their FX (how long before you decide to replace it). Up until now I have been switching cars about every 3 years, even though I typically purchase and not lease.

I think my FX will be a 4-5 year car.

My car history (2 car family)

92 Toyota Corolla - 2 years
94 Honda Accord - 3 years
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 3 years
01 Lexus LX470 - to present (4 years)

94 Ford Explorer - 1 year
93 Lexus SC400 - 4 years
00 M-B CLK320 - 3 years
03 Saab 9-3 - 2 years
04 Infiniti FX35 - to present (3 weeks)

#7 ·
I'll probably go 4-5 years as well...we'll see.

#9 ·
It's really gonna depend how good/bad it's going to drive in the snow this winter.

I don't want to have to buy snow tires/rims. Been there -- done that before and I found it to be a real pain in the ass -- fearful of the first snow fall.

Now I was told by the sales guy that the fx was pretty good in the snow even with the 20's. I am being optimistic despite what I have read in the forums. Only time will tell.

#10 ·
i plan to pay mine off in 3 years, drive it as my daily driver for 6, and then i want to keep this thing in my garage for the next 20 years after that. i think that this would be a neat car to have 30 years down the road (especially the first model year) regardless of how it sells in the long run :)

#11 ·
based on my history, it works out to be replaced at 1.5 years. i am shooting for 3 years, though. i'm truly enjoying my FX.

#12 ·
I usually take out a four-year loan for cars, but this one had to be five-year to keep the payments under $500/mo. I'd like to keep my FX for the full five years under the loan, and another two or three afterward to enjoy life without a car payment for a while.

My last three cars were new purchases that I kept for seven years. I love it when a car's paid off. :D

D

#14 ·
I've historicly only kept vehicles an avg. of two yrs., but that was based on my earlier lifestyle of moving from location to location every couple years. I've still got my '98 Grand Prix in the driveway, and aside from a Vette that I kept in storage for nearly seven years, that's the longest I've ever owned a vehicle...but it's just waiting to be sold now.

As for the FX, I have a feeling that I'll be hanging onto her for a few years...hard to believe it's already been nearly a year and a half since I bought her! 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.