Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, I've decided to give up the FX. Great vehicle but I just can't get past the poor service. My replacement is a complete departure from the FX -- a Honda S2000 Rio Yellow Pearl. What I've lost in space is replaced by top down fun. I've learned alot from you all. This is a great community and I'll be lurking from time-to-time Here are some pics w/ 4 coats of Zaino already:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
Hey you finally went Rail-Less :roll: ...Roof-Less too! :D Congrats, nyce color 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'sup PINITI. great to hear from you. yeah, guess you could say i am now officially rail-less. i see from other posts that your Cheetah is looking fine as ever! cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
Thanks, ...if I could only get KITI to spin like yours :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,581 Posts
I hope your new service center is nicer.

Remember you are always welcome here, we just hate to let anyone go.

You could always drive your newcar to the national meet :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PINITI-FX said:
Thanks, ...if I could only get KITI to spin like yours :lol:
dude that avatar made me dizzy anyway :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet Fx said:
I hope your new service center is nicer.

Remember you are always welcome here, we just hate to let anyone go.

You could always drive your newcar to the national meet :wink:
hey Sweet! have experienced great service so far. it almost made my head spin compared to what i've been used to. plus nothing compares to the reliability of a honda. the thrill of a 8K redline is exhilirating -- VTEC kicks in a 6K, BTW. of course, not as comfy as the FX, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
finsfx said:
The thrill of a 8K redline is exhilirating -- VTEC kicks in a 6K
... which, if I hear correctly, is where you'll have to spend most of your time just to get anywhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
I'm still just dumbfounded that people aren't having great service at Infiniti dealers- I guess I should count my blessings I've got so many of 'em within a 50-mile radius, though (but I still drive up to Thousand Oaks, 'cause they've always done solid by me).

Were you having warranty issues, periodic-service issues, or what?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kcrudup said:
finsfx said:
The thrill of a 8K redline is exhilirating -- VTEC kicks in a 6K
... which, if I hear correctly, is where you'll have to spend most of your time just to get anywhere!
actually the new 2.2 litre displacement and a bit more torque from the previous model makes it quite easy to get around. the high rev VTEC is an added bonus.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kcrudup said:
Were you having warranty issues, periodic-service issues, or what?

no warranty or service issues but the deal breaker is attitude of dealer. just sleeze factor of the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
I can definitely relate to fins. Austin Infiniti is the only game in town. Unfortunately, the majority of the Austin market seems to allow for attitude and price point that Austin Infiniti gets away with.

This still didn't sway my thinking. I found a great dealership and will schedule my maintenance in Big D. Dallas has 3 dealerships in a 30 mile radius which probably helps with the mentality the customer comes first attitude.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2Fast4U said:
FinsFX,
So how much did they give you for your FX trade-in?
$29.5, with approx 23,000 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
finsfx said:
2Fast4U said:
FinsFX,
So how much did they give you for your FX trade-in?
$29.5, with approx 23,000 miles.
hah, ok. I feel better now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
kcrudup said:
finsfx said:
The thrill of a 8K redline is exhilirating -- VTEC kicks in a 6K
... which, if I hear correctly, is where you'll have to spend most of your time just to get anywhere!
last that I heard (2-3 years ago) Hondas broke into the 10 second mark in quarter mile......so those lil 4 bangers can get goin (with the right aftermarket parts of course) but still when you consider guys like John Force running V8s in the 5 second mark with a huge budget, 10 seconds in a 4 banger from some kid aint so bad, that was couple years ago, so I'm sure those crazy kids have shaved a few seconds off that 10 sec mark since then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
Mercedes SL65 AMG - which is a tactical nuclear weapon on wheels - runs 11.5 sec 1/4 mile. I don't understand how a Honda 4-banger can run it in the 10s. And more importantly - how are they able to steer it @ launch ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
pudicus said:
Mercedes SL65 AMG - which is a tactical nuclear weapon on wheels - runs 11.5 sec 1/4 mile. I don't understand how a Honda 4-banger can run it in the 10s. And more importantly - how are they able to steer it @ launch ?
Biggest challenge for very fast 4-banger, believe it or not, it's traction. Did anyone say....Slick tires? :p
I've seen some fast 4 banger with rear disfuser or rear stabilizer bar, etc...
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top