Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naaa... It's only me in Chicago... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
wow! They finally removed all the fencing from around the tower. Did they take the counter weights off too?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow! They finally removed all the fencing from around the tower. Did they take the counter weights off too?
I don't know when was the last time you saw the tower but the best to my knowledge I do not recall any fance or counter weight. Then again, I was never paying attention to it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in Pisa, Italy in 1999 That was the last time I saw the tower.
OOps, I thought you meant the one in Chicago... :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was there in '99 or 2000 myself and it had all of that "construction/safety" stuff around it then too. I wonder if that means it's not leaning as much anymore.

·
Registered
662 Posts
hombogero said:
Maybe only folks from chicago will get this one........
Actually I didn't know that there's a replica in Chicago. :oops:

Where is it in Chicago?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just got back from Italy last week. Saw 3 FX, two black one silver, all 45s. You would be surprised how much they go for over there...and the Sat Nav doesn't even work. The extremes some people will go to to drive something as cool and as unique as the FX! :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks dkgamez. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I guess I do feel a little silly, seeing as how there wasn't a parking lot right next to the tower in Italy. :?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...and the author of the post has never been to Italy. :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
DCD said:
Just got back from Italy last week. Saw 3 FX, two black one silver, all 45s. You would be surprised how much they go for over there...and the Sat Nav doesn't even work. The extremes some people will go to to drive something as cool and as unique as the FX! :)
Have you had a chance to drive on Autostrada?

I wanna go back. IMO, driving on Autostrada is more fun that on Autobahn.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, this is fun, but I have couple photoshots from stationar police radars near Venice, Fiorence, Bologna, etc ;-)

Btw, traffic speed in Italy on the autostrada is between 160-200 km/h ( 100-125 miles )

Steve

·
Registered
149 Posts
topguy said:
Have you had a chance to drive on Autostrada?

I wanna go back. IMO, driving on Autostrada is more fun that on Autobahn.
Yes of course. I go back home to Italy very often...should be back there next month and do lots of travelling. Italian drivers seem to think they are very closely related to Michael Schumacher...all F1 champions :lol: Speed limit is 130km/h and not too many people stick to this. But the autostrada is nothing compared to the mountain roads we have up north and in Tuscany....thats more my kinf of thing:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts