Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reposting this from the General Chat Forum:

My wife's '07 FX35 recently got hit on the driver side rear door. Luckily, only the door needs replacing. I have been looking at salvage yards and on craigslist. Can anyone verify which years are interchangeable? Some say '03-'08 while others say '06 & '07 only.

Tony

·
Registered
2005 Infiniti Fx35
4 Posts
I believe if it’s just the door itself no wiring or panels using the ones you have currently then 03-08 is the correct answer but if you’re looking to just replace the entire door and door panels the you would need an 06-08 as the wiring is different on the years form the 03-05 doors. Also you have to try to paint match the new door as well. Good luck buddy and I hope this helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rx. I did some digging and found this on Shop Infiniti Parts & Accessories - Gwinnett | Discount Infiniti Parts

The door shell is the same for the '06 and '07 specifically but the outer panel seems to be the same for the '03 thru '08. So you are correct about the door panels and electronics. Since the door panel and window are all ok and in working order, I'm hoping I can just swap all of the original parts over to whatever door I find and the panel attach holes are the same. Painting is not a problem.
2003 Door.JPG
2005 Door.JPG
2007 Door.JPG
2008 Door.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I would be surprised if the outer panel is the same from 03-05 and 06-08. The lower door trim and seal were changed when the 06 refresh was brought in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts