Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ordered an FX35 through VPP. First color choice was Diamond Graphite, second choice Obsidian Black. Called to confirm order and was told the colors were changed to Silverstone and Super Black. Aren't those Nissan color designations for the Z? I believe the order is for a 2004 build and those colors are not listed on infiniti.com. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Silverstone is a color code they use in Canada for the FX I believe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe me, I did question it. The order is through Nissan (wife is employed at a plant). There are some limitations on the option designations, etc as this will be a lease. I could purchase through a dealer and order exactly as I wish, but prefer the employee discount lease. Who knows? Guess I will have to wait - expected delivery in five months.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That IS odd. Those are the names used by Nissan, but the colors ARE the same. The Infiniti/Nissan mames are: Diamond Graphite = Silverstone, Black Obsidian = Super Black, Ivory Pearl = Pikes Peak White, Brilliant Silver = Chrome Silver, Laser Red = Redline.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm not sure if this applies, but my experience lately has been that most dealers will match VPP pricing on a new 04 FX even though you don't truely qualify for the program. For example, my dealer recently matched the VPP pricing that I had obtained from Grubbs.
Don't think that VPP pricing is better than just doing diligent negotiations because you can often get equal or even better pricing just by negotiating thru email/web.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Silverstone = Diamond Graphite
Mocha = Beryllium

The other names of colours for the FX in Canada was the same as in the US..at least last summer it was :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FXcellent said:
I'm not sure if this applies, but my experience lately has been that most dealers will match VPP pricing on a new 04 FX even though you don't truely qualify for the program. For example, my dealer recently matched the VPP pricing that I had obtained from Grubbs.
Don't think that VPP pricing is better than just doing diligent negotiations because you can often get equal or even better pricing just by negotiating thru email/web.
This seems to be the case now and I would pursue this route if purchasing the FX. However the lease deals through the dealer/IFS are not the same as the employee benefit lease option. The employee rate is a fringe benefit that reduces the monthly payment - employees can only lease one vehicle every two years. Believe me it is a great deal....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts