Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :) I went to the infinity dealer here in Canada to inquire about purchasing a bra for the fx and was told that it doesn't exist. Last year I travelled in the summertime and the vehicle in the front was always full of dead flies. When you're on vacation it is very hard to find a place to wash the fx asap and I have sustained some paint damage because of that :( . Does anyone know if anyone makes them for the fx so that I may purchase it and use it on a temporary basis on long distance highway driving. thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chris,

Yes, they do exist. However, my experience with the bra has been that you have to remove it when it gets wet in order to prevent permanent staining of the paint. Also, if you leave it on too long, dust particles get in between the bra and the paint cause abrasions. I would highly recommend CLEAR BRA by Xpel or 3M...I made the switch (paid US$500) and am very glad.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yep, clear bra is the bomb. The regular bra is great too for what it does. I used a Bissel shampoo machine to clean my previous bra's to get rid of the grit that catches in the padding. Works very well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i purchased an fx bra made by colgan. it has 2 pieces for the hood and the front section. i can post or email pics if you want. when i purchased it i believe they have the regular black or the carbon fiber style. i have the carbon fiber style, kinda looks more like a weave. i only install the bra when i do long trips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their replies, I really appreciate it. I would definitely only use it on a very temporary basis for summer long distance driving on hot humid weather when the flies are out. So I am looking for the least expensive method. Max 95 if you can post some pics I would like to it on the fx. I'll inquire for the name colgan and see if I can get it here.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got a bra for my FX from the dealer a while ago. I have yet to put it on. I only wanted it on as needed basis during the summer because we have a brief season of "love bugs" during the summer that I wanted protection from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
go to my home page and scroll down on page 1 and you'll see pics of my fx with teh colgan bra. currently, I have a bug deflector on the hood and only run the nose mask piece. hood cover, due to the shape of the hood, had a tendency to flap which I found annoying. Colgan is first-class. If you decide to go with it, I can send you a link to the guy I bought it from. He actually uses my pics on his site.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.