Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought an 05 FX and tried to put in a pet barrier so I can take my dog to the park and keep her OFF the leather... but the dang thing was really REALLY tacky and did not fit well with the curved ceiling and all.

I was thinking, since I have some metal working ability, of fabricating a nice, brushed aluminum pet barrier for the FX, maybe incorporating the infiniti logo and making in nice and easy to install and remove.

Would anyone else be interested in some of these if I work out a design for them? I'm asking mainly because it's about as cost effective to make a dozen of them, as it is to make a single one.

Just a thought....

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hello and cograts on your purchase, and welcome to the ORG.

Jim

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nope, we have two 90 lbs Labs that arent allowed in the FX. They get to ride in the "dog friendly" Jeep. Too much dog hair/smell for me to accept in the FX.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
1charmedlife said:
I was thinking, since I have some metal working ability, of fabricating a nice, brushed aluminum pet barrier for the FX, maybe incorporating the infiniti logo and making in nice and easy to install and remove.
How would you see out the back if it's a solid piece of metal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...

It wouldn't be a solid piece of metal. It would be made out of lightweight aluminum tubing and would not inhibit visibility at all. It would also easily snap in and out of the built in anchor points in the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
won't work...

The big problem is that all the current barriers on the market are:
1. A pain in the arse to take in and out
2. They assume that your interior roofline is perfectly straight and flat.
3. They're just plain ugly:)

While what I'm looking at doing isn't as cheap as what's already out there, I think I'm gonna give it a go.

If I'm lucky, maybe you'll see it in next years FX accessories catalog at the dealerships:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just to give you an idea…
Honda Pilot has separator net for this purpose.
So if you are thinking about fabricating something, it may be easier by using soft net then metal rods.

You can still slap an Infiniti logo somewhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am interested in purchasing one. How much $$ are you talking about? I have a German Shepherd who wuld probably eat the seats if he got bored. I have looked at one at http://www.autosportcatalog.com but they are pricey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cost and time

Well, right now, I'm hoping I can get this done the next couple of weeks. Just the raw materials are a bit expensive - I expect that I'd be able to get these out the door for about $100. Wait until you see the pics and a prototype though to see if it's worth it:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts