Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is my feedback on the grounding kit for the FX45:
The vehicle seems to have better throttle response. Not neccesarily made the car faster just run or behave better. The transmission feels like is shifts firmer but not faster. I did not notice any of the electrics work any better. At first I was skeptical of the kit and wondered, why would anyone buy it? I was wrong. In my opinion it is worth the car running smoother. I did not notice any improvements off the bat but by the 2nd~3rd day it became more apparent that there was an improvement in the cars behavior. I have no hard data to back this up but I feel the vehicle reacts better than without the kit. For $50, what do you gotta to lose, it certainly can t hurt anything. One more thing, this is a 5 wire kit not 4 for the FX45.

Now I need to convince Dave to get me one for my Armada.

Thanks ActiveTuning.

(Hows the turbo comming along?)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well, im back from the honeymoon. sorry i missed this one. when is the kit going to be available? how much?

·
Registered
16 Posts
aznwrr said:
He is my feedback on the grounding kit for the FX45:
The vehicle seems to have better throttle response. Not neccesarily made the car faster just run or behave better. The transmission feels like is shifts firmer but not faster. I did not notice any of the electrics work any better. At first I was skeptical of the kit and wondered, why would anyone buy it? I was wrong. In my opinion it is worth the car running smoother. I did not notice any improvements off the bat but by the 2nd~3rd day it became more apparent that there was an improvement in the cars behavior. I have no hard data to back this up but I feel the vehicle reacts better than without the kit. For $50, what do you gotta to lose, it certainly can t hurt anything. One more thing, this is a 5 wire kit not 4 for the FX45.

Now I need to convince Dave to get me one for my Armada.

Thanks ActiveTuning.

(Hows the turbo comming along?)
Thanks for posting the feedback, and again I appreciate you stopping by to help us out :D

The turbo is complete and the car is summed in no other words than bad ass lol. It's peaking right now at 10.2 PSI, should be good for about 415+ rwhp. I'm actually going to throw the stock cats back onto the car which should reduce the boost to about 8.5 PSI in order to be a little bit more conservative/safe. The plan is to install the test pipes again WITH tuning to 400rwhp and keep it like that for a while until I can convince myself to build the motor (and until I can afford it ;)). I'll post a couple pictures, and I will be producing a video in the next couple months, so look for that! Also, stay tuned to http://www.activetuning.com/pat/4 for updates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
bradical said:
well, im back from the honeymoon. sorry i missed this one. when is the kit going to be available? how much?
The kit will be available sometime within the next two weeks I hope...as long as everything goes as planned. We're shooting for $49.99 shipped, but because of the fact that it's a 5-wire kit compared to our standard 4-wire kit, we'll see...we're going to try as hard as possible to keep it at the same price point as all of our other kits.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey [email protected]:

I'm interested in a grounding kit for my FX45 so please put me on the order list. By the way, could you direct me to the best place on your website or have pics that you can send me of the installed kit as well as examples of the various color available for our FX45s? I visited your website and the Infiniti section is under construction while the 350Z didn't show colors, but I saw the installation instructions under it's own tab. I just wanted to see an "after install" pic for an FX45 engine bay if you have one available.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
Hey [email protected]:

I'm interested in a grounding kit for my FX45 so please put me on the order list. By the way, could you direct me to the best place on your website or have pics that you can send me of the installed kit as well as examples of the various color available for our FX45s? I visited your website and the Infiniti section is under construction while the 350Z didn't show colors, but I saw the installation instructions under it's own tab. I just wanted to see an "after install" pic for an FX45 engine bay if you have one available.

Thanks!
Sure thing, I'll definitely post as soon as they are ready. Once that product page is finalized, I'll have pics of the kit online, but you'll have to wait until then....I'm also working on a big update on the site, so I'll have some really nice pics of the available wire options and the kit itself.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
dave,

got grounding kits for the FX45 yet? dont see any infiniti stuff on the site?

·
Registered
16 Posts
bradical said:
dave,

got grounding kits for the FX45 yet? dont see any infiniti stuff on the site?
My business partners daughter just went into labor, so hopefully this week if Mike gets time to write-up the install and compile the pics. I promise it's going up as soon as possible. I will make a post when that does happen.

I apologize for all the delays. :cry:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have not been a believer in grounding kits on new cars,but I have been talking with a guy on G35Driver who makes a 11wire kit,so I am going to try it!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Brnjug, how much is he charging?? I put one on my 350Z and it made a very noticeable difference in smoothness of engine rev. I'm interested in a kit for the 45 also.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
As soon as he agrees to do it,I will get a price!

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
That would be great. I would love to see pics and a small write up from you Conrad as to your impressions on this mod once you have it done.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
To add,his corp name is GroundingGear® .If any of you have more info,I will keep everyone informed on this

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.