Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys how is the FX-35 AWD in an off road situation (like the beach)?

I used to take my wrangler and cherokee surf fishing and was wondering how these handle on the beach/off road? I know we do not have all terrain tires on these...but is it an suv or not? lol

·
Registered
779 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
It's a sports car not an off road vehicle. :roll: 8)
"sports" car that can embarrass lots of other real "sports" cars out there, that is... :wink:

·
Registered
498 Posts
You can't beat the crap out of it like you would with a 4 Runner or Land Cruiser, but I've had mine on some rather interesting places to get to a mtn bike trail.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
tazdevl said:
You can't beat the crap out of it like you would with a 4 Runner or Land Cruiser, but I've had mine on some rather interesting places to get to a mtn bike trail.
I agree.

I've had Jeeps the the last 10-12 yrs. Last fall, we took the FX on a low range type power line road and it did quite well. On that same run, we hit some camps where I was in soupy mud about a foot deep. That was with the original tires with 27K on them. They were about bald. It crawled through just fine. I've grown to have a lot more confidence in the FX's 4 wheel drive capabilities than I ever expected I would. With the Blizzaks, even winter up here is no problem at all.

However, heavy pulling in beach sand is a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys I appeciate your input!!! I will save the beach for my blanket and not the FX lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.