Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I loved my 350Z, but unfortunately it got wrecked and now I am searching for a new ride. While on my search FX came up and I found that the new 2k5's are coming soon. Well to make a long story short, I drove the new FX and liked how it drove. I am hoping to purchase one and looking for a good price. Is it possible to purchase an FX under invoice. I hope to purchase The FX with the Touring and Sport package. Thanks for your help.

Tenn_SZ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Responded to your post on Fresh Alloy, but here it goes again. :p
================
I'm pretty confident you can. The dealer I went to had about 40 FX35 sitting on their lot. I just purchased a FX45 at $300 over invoice. It was a bit harder for me to deal below invoice because there were only four FX45 on the lot and one with the options I wanted.

The funny thing was that their invoice price was about $200 lower than what's listed on Edmunds. After calculating the difference, I paid about $100 over invoice.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Tenn_SZ said:
Is it possible to purchase an FX under invoice.
I bought mine for $1700 below invoice last December so I'd say anything is possible. 8)

If you are looking for a 2004 model then the closer it gets to September the better your chances are of getting one close to invoice. If you are looking for a 2005 around that same time then you may have to wait until December to get a price near invoice. Then again, it also depends heavily on where your dealer is located (how much competition he has) and how many cars he has in his inventory. Last December you could easily find 2004 FX35 AWDs in my area for only $200-$300 over invoice.

Good luck! It's an awesome car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the repeat question.

Thanks for all your input guys.. I hope to have one some time within the next 2 weeks.

Second Question.

how much did you guys pay for Car Insurance.. I live in Southern California...(Oceanside)

Thanks,

Tenn

·
Registered
1 Posts
hotfx45 said:
Responded to your post on Fresh Alloy, but here it goes again. :p
================
I'm pretty confident you can. The dealer I went to had about 40 FX35 sitting on their lot. I just purchased a FX45 at $300 over invoice. It was a bit harder for me to deal below invoice because there were only four FX45 on the lot and one with the options I wanted.

The funny thing was that their invoice price was about $200 lower than what's listed on Edmunds. After calculating the difference, I paid about $100 over invoice.
Congrats on the new FX. What dealer/salesman did you buy from? How was the negotiating process?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShadyJC said:
I just got my FX35/Touring/Sport for $250 below invoice. If I wanted I probably could have worked for another $50-100 but I did all my negotiations over the phone to save myself the hassle. I got invoice or better from at least 3 dealers in my area.
Shady,

What So Cal dealerships did you call? I would like to try them out.

Thanks,

Tenn

·
Registered
239 Posts
FXIT said:
Congrats on the new FX. What dealer/salesman did you buy from? How was the negotiating process?
Thank you, I purchased from SouthWest Infiniti in Houston. The salesman was mediocre, didn't know as much about the FX as I would like.

Other than the fact that they incorrectly overstated the purchase agreement twice and tried to push a $400 Maintenance plan on me, it was ok.

I would probably not go back their should I be in the market for another Infiniti.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Tenn_SZ said:
ShadyJC said:
I just got my FX35/Touring/Sport for $250 below invoice. If I wanted I probably could have worked for another $50-100 but I did all my negotiations over the phone to save myself the hassle. I got invoice or better from at least 3 dealers in my area.
Shady,

What So Cal dealerships did you call? I would like to try them out.

Thanks,

Tenn
Tenn - I bought from Glendale Infiniti but got better-than-expected pricing from Metro in Monrovia, Miller in Van Nuys, and Cerritos.

Truthfully, it was pretty easy and I was pretty lazy - I went to all the usual suspects like Autobytel.com, Edmunds.com, etc. and did one of those price a vehicle and send requests to all local dealers - this was a Saturday. By the next morning (Sunday) I had pricing from several in e-mail.

On Monday I called my sales rep in Glendale (who I wanted to buy from anyway since they're the closest to where I work) and told him to beat it, and he did, no questions asked. I went in at lunchtime, signed the papers, went back to work, and then back to the dealer at 5pm the same day to pick up the car and drove it home.

Like I said, if I pushed I'm sure I could have gotten another $100 or so but it wasn't worth the additional hassle to me. I got the car I wanted the day I wanted from the dealer I wanted, and I slipped in right before the 1.9% financing deal went bye-bye! On top of all this they gave me at least $1K more on my trade than I was expecting. It was a very easy transaction, way better than past M-Bs and on par with a Lexus experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts