Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 FX 50S and I like that new 2012 front bumper. I have looked at it closely and from the outside the only different is the top front bumper and the chromes around the fog lights. Even the bottom of the front bumper looks the same.

Does anyone know if the fixation are the same?

If I buy the new bumper with grill can I remove my 2009 bumper and fix the 2012 without any modifications?

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Here they are, side by side. It looks like the only different parts are the front bumper cover, grille and fog lights. I'd bet the mounting points underneath are all the same.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
its not that expensive for a changeover.... i actually just learned to like the 2009-2011 front better

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
But the grill could be the trouble area... I expect the mounting points for it to be different... even when you look at the 1st gen, the grill opening was the same size but had different mounting points...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I converted my 2010 FX35 to the new 2012 FX front without a problem. You will need the new bumper and grille. Everything else was the same and the mounting points were the same. The chrome around the fog lights were also interchangeable. In total, it was under 1,200, which included the bumper, grill, fog lights surrounding, paint + install/labor. The new front looks way better in person than in pictures. The lines from the hood to the front just seems to flow smoother, as if that was the original design intention.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PMG, yes, the lower bumper (plastic part) is the same for both years, just swap out the fog lights surroundings.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
its a blacker chrome on the bottom lip... i took off my bumper yesterday and only took 10 10mm bolts to hold the bottom lip.... easy removal...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
its the front bumper upper, grille, and 2 chrome fog light rings for the parts

the rear lip is 12 bolts and slides out afterwards

·
Registered
3 Posts
jvas64 said:
I converted my 2010 FX35 to the new 2012 FX front without a problem. You will need the new bumper and grille. Everything else was the same and the mounting points were the same. The chrome around the fog lights were also interchangeable. In total, it was under 1,200, which included the bumper, grill, fog lights surrounding, paint + install/labor. The new front looks way better in person than in pictures. The lines from the hood to the front just seems to flow smoother, as if that was the original design intention.
jvas64...where did you buy the front bumper and grille? How much? Can it be bought already painted? Did you put it on yourself or had it done at a shop? Sorry for multiple questions but appreaciate your help

·
Registered
640 Posts
PMG said:
jvas64 said:
. The chrome around the fog lights were also interchangeable.
Do you mean the 2012 chrome fog surround can be put on an original 09-11 front bumper ?

Galaxy S2 on TapaTalk
Yes it can.

·
Registered
640 Posts
RIPnFX said:
I Have a 2012 with the chrome fog light trim and I think it looks better without the chrome pieces
You and i could have switched out parts. I still have the black ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2009 FX 50S and I like that new 2012 front bumper. I have looked at it closely and from the outside the only different is the top front bumper and the chromes around the fog lights. Even the bottom of the front bumper looks the same.

Does anyone know if the fixation are the same?

If I buy the new bumper with grill can I remove my 2009 bumper and fix the 2012 without any modifications?

thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts