Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an FX45 instead! I'm really glad that I did too because the S I had been interested in and would have made an offer on had too many things wrong with it. Things like a broken driver's side mirror, rear air vents and plastic under the rear seat headrest. All og these problems on a brand new car with less than 119 miles tells me that it may be too fragile for everyday use. Admittedly, the FX was my second choice only because I'm a loyal Porsche 911 owner. But the FX is all that I thought it would be and more. The car mag comparos I've read were right on. It's the SUV Porsche should've made!

I have a few questions for you long time owners though. Does your FX have a hitch? Where did you get it and who installed it? Do you have a "clear bar" or vinyl front mask? Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
welcome...i was in the same situation as you and bought a FX instead. Although i am very upset with my graphite leather seat situation, overall, the FX is great and in terms of performance wise vs. the Cayenne S, i did a real world test and ate my buddy's porsche from 0-60 start by about 1.5 car length and also took him out on the freeway also....

I don't have a hitch and not a believer in clear bra (feels like sex with a condom.. :twisted: ) so can't help you there...

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
That.

That is what I like to hear. Its a must, to have Porsche for one of the meals of the day. :lol: Welcome to the club. :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm glad you made the right choice! :D

I have the clear-bra made by 3M and I highly recommend it. My kit covers the front, headlights, foglights, side mirrors & rear upper bumper. It extends about 8" on top of the hood and covers the sides past the headlight.

If you look carefully in the attached pic, you can somewhat make out the line where the clear-bar on the hood is.

I zoomed on the line on the 2nd pic.

The line is barely visible, will only be noticed if you are right up to the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi there, good choice and welcome to the club. :lol: I don't use hatch and don't like it on the car so can't help u there. As for the other issue, I have both. Got the nosemask first, and it protected the car very well, but can't stand how it hides the beauty of the front end. So I installed the 3-M clear-bra, and so far so good, no dead bugs and rock chip on the paint job. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Welcome go the org.

Jim

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome to the group 8)

:forthosewhothinkyoung: :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome to a elite group...no tow hitch(I have a lifted Jeep for that) and after this weekends road trip I am thinking of Clear bra...a couple of small marks on the lower front fascia.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Clear Bra

I have a clear bra on mine. I don't have any issues with it and it does what's advertised. Although there was one issue I had where there was some tree or flower pollen or some other orangy "droppings" on the bra and after I wiped it off, there was an orangy stain. I was pissed for a couple of days cause I thought it was really stained. After a few days, it disappeared. I don't know what happened, but I'm happy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The clear bra seems like a great product and it preserves the clean look of the front end. However, I decided to go the cheap route and put on a vinyl bra. The car still looks great but now the chrome grill is protected too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was kind of in the same boat but I thought there was little comparison between the FX45 and the Cayenne S. The real comparison between these two is when you look at the FX45 and the Turbo and then you’re out of my price range :)

FX45 for the money has no competition in my book, but if your willing to spend the extra $$ then the Cayenne Turbo and X5 4.8 will win in most categories but not all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Old string but I am a new member! LOL...anyway, I stayed away from the Porsche (any and all versions) because of the difference in repair cost! When I compared the costs of the maint' schedule....it was a done deal.....advantage FX!

·
Registered
309 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
Does your FX have a hitch? Where did you get it and who installed it? Thanks.
I had the same question about the hitch, and after reviewing the many bitch posts here, I finally took the plunge and purchase one and had it delivered to my house. I then negotiated with my dealer and he finally agreed to a good price (in my opinion) and I had it installed this past weekend.

Check out http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5927&highlight= and http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18&highlight= for both pictures and a location where the hitch can be found for a half decent price.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
glad you went with this fx :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts