Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
that "oh ****!" kid is going to be rich!

id take a few good punches for a nice lump sum :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
bradical said:
that "oh ****!" kid is going to be rich!

id take a few good punches for a nice lump sum :)
Considering, "physical assault" and the nature of the public spectacle with all of the media there in "great" moment-by-moment lighting, it's payday for him. This is the kid that got held by the throat and knocked unconscious right?

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I really hope that kid doesn't get a dime out of this event. Instead those fans who threw beer/drinks and those who got on the court should be banned from the games for a year....
I'm not a pacer fan, but I really feel sorry for Pacers....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, even though there should be penalties and fines for everyone involved. Some "fans" will be paid for certain as lawyers from near and far will ensure it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
im certainly not condoning the actions on either side of this. all i can say is that its wrong for the fans to act the way they did and its wrong for the players to react the way they did. the big thing is that its easy for me to say thay sitting on my couch watching it from home, but in the heat of the moment people sometimes act on raw adrenaline and dont think.

that being said,.......thats a funny ass picture :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Did you see that chunky dude in a jersey who was on the court ? The one who **** near got the snot beaten outta him. 'Cause after his case's settled he should be able to buy a Porsche/Audi dealership :twisted: .

·
Registered
29 Posts
OH YES, it is ALL and ALWAYS the lawyers' fault, until something happens to the ma-roons who let the insurance carriers brainwash them into thinking that the 5% of the insurance carrier's budget paid to claims is what is really rasing their rates, and not the carriers' fat payrolls and mismangement of their clients' funds/premiums!! BUT THEN, the misinformed right-wingers like SHONG are waiting at my door to sign up for my representation as soon as someone bangs their car in the hiney!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you positive-minded people out there!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey Mr. Lawyer, someone just hit me in the rear, only damage is the 2 tail lights :idea: Got my drift :shock:

·
Registered
286 Posts
clkkelley said:
OH YES, it is ALL and ALWAYS the lawyers' fault, until something happens to the ma-roons who let the insurance carriers brainwash them into thinking that the 5% of the insurance carrier's budget paid to claims is what is really rasing their rates, and not the carriers' fat payrolls and mismangement of their clients' funds/premiums!! BUT THEN, the misinformed right-wingers like SHONG are waiting at my door to sign up for my representation as soon as someone bangs their car in the hiney!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you positive-minded people out there!!
although i am not a lawyer, i agree with everything you say. Lawyers are not the problem, the people who blame the lawyers are the problem . they are the ones who hire the lawyers to litigate up the wazu.
The insurance co's., and pharmaceutical co's are really giving the people the business and the sad part is they dont even use vaseline to ease the pain
:twisted:

·
Registered
848 Posts
shong43826 said:
I really hope that kid doesn't get a dime out of this event. Instead those fans who threw beer/drinks and those who got on the court should be banned from the games for a year....
I'm not a pacer fan, but I really feel sorry for Pacers....
Hi gang! I'm currently about 5 miles away from where this happened, visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, and a wedding. I haven't seen enough video to have my own opinion, but I've heard from others that the kid mentioned above was the WRONG guy...that he had not been the guy that threw stuff. But then, I may be wrong too. :? If he is the wrong guy, then I'd be happy to see him get a nice lump sum (not enough to be rich, but something in the five figure range seems appropriate). If he was the right guy, I agree with the comment above...except for the part about feeling sorry for the Pacers...they had no business going into the stands...and the fans had no business throwing stuff.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
From what I understand on the news today, the guy who started it all has a rap sheet long as my jimmy and is currently on parole for DUI- not the alleged "innocent fan" I've heard bandied around (not here, though) by folks who are so busy condemning Artest and the others.

That being said, you swing on me, I swing back- no question!

·
Registered
549 Posts
fxer said:
although i am not a lawyer, i agree with everything you say. Lawyers are not the problem, the people who blame the lawyers are the problem . they are the ones who hire the lawyers to litigate up the wazu.
Lawyers are very much a major problem in our US legal system as they are the proactive "ambulance-chasers" that produce lawsuits and make settlements realize for their own personal gain above "right and wrong." Not all, but there are plenty. The "Lawyers" that will represent those fans at the Pacer 's game will have already contacted these individuals and proposed their case before this week had even started. Trust in this, at any given time, attorneys are ready to create a liability case out of nothing, propose damages and seek settlements. That's just a real facet of American society and how lawyers survive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What a pathetic society we live in.... They replay the melee five thousand times from every angle and the end result is how envious everyone is to be in these kid's shoes and make up some traumatizing story of how they're emotionally damaged forever in order to not have to work anymore... The American Dream I guess. Meanwhile, these NBA ballers lose 5 million for the rest of the season. I guess now Artest can go promote his rap album and hang with his family. America the Great. Somewhere, OJ is looking in and laughing!!

If you guys hate me, that's fine but that's why there are lawyers making a killing.

·
Registered
597 Posts
However ironic that may sound, but our banking and insurance industries make lawyers look like nuns. At a time when the prime was sitting in the basement credit car companies were charging 29% interest anyone who failed to make 2 on-time payments in the course of 12 months. Lemme tell ya something, one could get a loan from Tony Soprano for 1/2 that rate :roll: . And if that wasn't bad enough, they also aggressively lobbied the republi-con congress to change the existing bankruptcy law to make it virtually impossible to discharge your debts short of physical disability.
If you moved to MA from another state where you'd accumulated X-number of moving violations, your new insurance underwriter would go into your old record - as far back as 6 years - and carry over all that sh!it into your otherwise virginal MA record. And here's the really juicy bit. You'll once again become subject to
A. surcharges $$$ for violations some of which have long fallen off your home state record.
B. may not have warranted a citation according to MGL ( MA General Law ) in the 1st place.
Now, if that's not a legalized racket then I don't know what is. Let me also remind everyone how insurance companies supply police departments - the good citizens that they are - with radar equipment, and how they fought tooth and nail against repealing that hopelessly moronic 55MPH speed limit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Even though I'm not a fan of those greedy lawyers, I wouldn't blame only lawyers. Those "bad" lawyers are by-products of current capitalism. Whether we like it or not, legal advice is another category of business pratices and some lawyer will do anything beyond fair business practice to fill up their bank accounts. To tell the truth, you will always find people like them from any business industry. It's sad and unfortunately it's more than a "lawyer" problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts