Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have located a 2003 FX35 with 5000 miles on it that has been owned by an older couple. The car is pristine, never been eaten in, smoked in, drank in, looks and smells factory fresh. He said that he changed the oil at 3000 miles and had the tires rotated. It was for a weekend driver. It has EVERY option. Sport, Touring, Premium, Chrome 20's, Mobile Entertainment, Sat Radio..... They are asking $37.5k but I talked him down to $36.5k. Would you guys consider this a good deal?

Thanks,

Brendon

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I do not think it is a bad deal; at first I was thinking great deal until I re-read your post and noticed it was an '03. Have you searched this board for recent '04 purchases - it seems to me people are getting $1500 to $1800 UNDER invoice for year-end '04 clearouts (and those have essentially zero miles on them).

Clearly its a well maintained low mileage FX - but it is 2 years old now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does have every option, that is what I really liked about it. Does anyone know if the carpets come scotch gaurded from the factory, if not, that is something that I need to get done. It is the Ivory Pearl with Willow interior, so it could possibly get dirty easily. Also it has the tow package, has anyone ever towed with an FX? I would be concerned that the tranny was designed for more of a sports car and not for low end torque and towing. I would hate to damage the vehicle.

B :)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
As a reference point, a fully loaded '05 (RWD) will MSRP for close to $45K. Add $1500 for the AWD. Is the one you are looking at RWD or AWD?

Regarding towing, have you read thru the threads in the towing section of the board?

PS: Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AWD...They seller has the original purchase information. The MSRP was $49,300. They bought it for $45,900. I dont think that 5000 miles is a bad trade of for $13k.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
An '05 AWD FX35 w/ Touring+Tech+Sport+Chrome Wheels+MES w/ Cargo Protector, Splash Guards, Tow, and XM Sat has an MSRP of $50,440 :shock:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
ShadyJC said:
True, but if it truly has every option (inc TECH) that is a very good deal, IMO.
Hey BrendonB you did say "loaded with EVERY option" yet you do not mention the Tech package?? Does it have the Tech package (i.e. Navigation)? That was a $4300 option in '04 and is a $4200 option in '05. IF your car does NOT have the tech option then reduce all of my numbers by about $4000.

Also where are you located? Are we talking US or Canadian dollars here?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey guys, didn't '03 only come one way, $9000 pkg. included DVD? (so then he would have tech, right?) He just loses out on the 8-way pass. seat and in cabin filter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry, but Chrome wheels were not available in 2003.

BTW, did you mention the paint color? That could affect price a lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then they were purchased from the Dealer after the fact. I have seen the vehicle in person and they have the chrome 20" infiniti wheels. They were a $3k upgrade for the buyer. I just assumed he paid that much because they were new at the time, but maybe he paid extra for them off an 04. Vehicle was purchased in Oct 03.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Brendonb said:
I have located a 2003 FX35 with 5000 miles on it that has been owned by an older couple. The car is pristine, never been eaten in, smoked in, drank in, looks and smells factory fresh. He said that he changed the oil at 3000 miles and had the tires rotated. It was for a weekend driver. It has EVERY option. Sport, Touring, Premium, Chrome 20's, Mobile Entertainment, Sat Radio..... They are asking $37.5k but I talked him down to $36.5k. Would you guys consider this a good deal?

Thanks,

Brendon
With that in mind and the fact that it's the EOM, let dealers know you will be spending 36 grand somewhere, see how badly they would like you to spend it with them on an '04. You've already got a bird in the hand, now use that bird to negotiate!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW....I took your advice and called my local dealer and said cash in hand $40k and that included tt&l. Will he be able to match that offer for a 2004. He said he might and is going to call me back....I am getting excited. Proof enough that cash speaks!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Couple things to consider: Just b/c it is an '03 may mean it is technically two model years old (when the '05s hit dealers), but it doesn't mean it has been on the road for that long; the milage speaks for itself. Mine is an '03 and it is chronologically 1.5 yrs old (build date) and been under ownership for just 14 months. The warranty extends 4 yrs/60,000 miles from the date of sale, not it's model year or build date. Also, many dealers offered chrome wheels in '03. I have them. They took the factory wheels and had them stripped and chromed at a plating facility (exactly what Infiniti started doing in '04). They are every bit the chrome wheels that were available from the factory starting in '04, except sometimes came with plain chrome center caps without logos (mine did and I simply transferred the logos from set of stock center caps my dealer gave me). One good thing about buying a slightly used vehicle (asside from it being cheaper) is that it's likely already had and little things fixed. There's always new vs. used arguments, but as long as you know the facts and trust the history of the car, you can often get more for less going used.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like a good deal… not fantastic but good…
I’ve just got 2004 with everything but satellite radio (still cant decide which one to get) for almost 42k. factor in 5k and 1year and do your math…

·
Registered
52 Posts
re curious

Quote ,
I’ve just got 2004 with everything but satellite radio (still cant decide which one to get) for almost 42k. factor in 5k and 1year and do your math…

Re: You buy this new ? and was it a 35 or 45 ?

Quote ,
WOW....I took your advice and called my local dealer and said cash in hand $40k and that included tt&l. Will he be able to match that offer for a 2004. He said he might and is going to call me back....I am getting excited. Proof enough that cash speaks!

Re : 35 or 45 ? and has he got any more if 45's ?

Every dealer I speak with ( 3 of them local all diffirent ) says msrp on these theings is 49k w/o tech pkg .
With that in mind where are some of you buying these cars @ USA/Canada/Over sea's/ East Coast /West Coast ?

I do understand deals are made with cars all the time and with plenty of dealers here who will deal but the infiniti/audi mkt here is either controlled very well or they buy crappy or they got us by the short hairs.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: re curious

choppo said:
Quote ,

Re: You buy this new ? and was it a 35 or 45 ?
I am talking about New FX35, 10 miles on the clock…

·
Registered
176 Posts
PRO or CON: 2003 model has the *REAL* sport-tuned suspension. In 2004, the needle moved more towards the luxury side. Also, the 2003 had black roof rails which look better IMO.

CONs: I owned a 2003 previously. Even though it had had many rattles fixed under warranty, my 2004 has fewer rattles out-of-the-box. 2004 has better passenger seat.

Personally, I would not buy white or willow. Best color combos are Black/Black/Brick, B-16/Black/Brick, Graphite/anything.

Chrome exchange can be done for around $800.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts