Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a retrofit of LEDs for their front parking lights (7443)
license plate lights (168)
rear side markers (194)
reverse lights (921)

I just wanted to know where you got your lights from. I shopped autolumination, and all their LEDs have warnings that their bulbs are slightly larger than stock lamps ( which I knew )
but what kinds did you use and did they fit with no shaving ??

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Autolumination is where I got mine. there was a group buy thread from a year or two back with the exact ones many of us got. Some use superbrightleds as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
johnmax said:
Autolumination is where I got mine. there was a group buy thread from a year or two back with the exact ones many of us got. Some use superbrightleds as well.
john, i didnt see the group buy in the wants/sale. is it too old ?

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
MattsFX said:
johnmax said:
john, i didnt see the group buy in the wants/sale. is it too old ?
Yeah, that group buy was several years ago -- you're going to have to order the bulbs yourself. I've used both superbrightleds and autolumination, and my opinions are the following: 1) superbrightleds are much brighter than other LEDs I've seen or used, however some superbrightled bulbs began to flicker rather quickly, 2) autolumination bulbs are constructed a little more solidly than the superbrights, and last a while longer. I currently have superbrightleds 7440 bulbs for my front turn signals, and autolumination 194 bulbs for my license plate lights. If you are going for interior bulbs, I would recommend the autolumination ones.

Check out this thread for more information ---> viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2101

·
Registered
125 Posts
i did all the interior lights on my fx50. superbrightleds.com and autolumination. Don't forget about your vanity mirrors.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Which ones exactly were used for the license plate? Bobble head 5 lights? SMT 5 light? 5 LED Matrix?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry man i got this written dowen at home but I am on a rig in russia right now. give me a day and i'll see what i can find.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
MPower said:
Which ones exactly were used for the license plate? Bobble head 5 lights? SMT 5 light? 5 LED Matrix?
I had the 5 led matrix from autolumination, and they didnt hold up. The vibration from slamming the hatch killed them. I have the 194 Supernova Bulbs now and they hold up great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
mine were the 5 led from superbrightleds.com. i have them in both the FX and the G and no failures so far one year later.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
I've had the 5 LED Wedge Matrix ones from autolumination on my FX's rear plate for quite a while now (over a year), and they are holding up fine. Conversely, I got the same bulbs for my wife's 350z and they started flickering after 1 month. I replaced them with the same bulbs, thinking it was a bad batch, but the same thing happened again 2 months later. I think some cars' electrical systems are harder on the LED bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts