Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if ne1 has been running on both 91 and 94 octane fuel..and if they noticed a difference ??
thx

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man..i have been using 91 because it is the highest octane that this touch free car esso stn has...but i think it is effecting perf. 94 is Available here..my tank is almost bone dry, will fill with 94 tonight and report back in a bit....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does ne1 use STP fuel additives....are they just junk or ??/
thanx

·
Registered
882 Posts
In Cali the highest we get is 91..no options here. Car runs fine. It not like we are running any FI.

Chevron/techron fuel injector cleaner is pretty good from what I hear. I'm not sure if thats the type of fuel additive you are talking about.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm 91....that sux.....i will report back on fuel economy on this tank of 94. May take a tank or so to reset ECU ne1 know ?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FX4U2C said:
hmm 91....that sux.....i will report back on fuel economy on this tank of 94. May take a tank or so to reset ECU ne1 know ?
i would think the knock sensor/system will make the necessary timing and fueling adjustments in realtime, so you should be good to go asap...

the level/type of detergents in the higher oct. fuel will take a bit longer to aid performance (if at all)

try 5 tanks, and if you dont notice any difference, the sixth one is on the house.. (j/k)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Here in NM 91 is the highest if you are lucky. Sometimes 89 is the highest. I fill up at 1/4 tank in case I have to find 91.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FX4U2C said:
lol, thanks. I will be running this for the foreseeable future.
http://www.sunoco.ca/content.asp?id=11

Esemes, any head way on a CAI for our 45's ? besides padd..
nada mucho bro......

i have, however, found MANY VQ setups that would definately be modifiable to work on the VK....

the only sticking point is the final bend (90°) going to the front diffuser/inlet shroud....

i still think paddock's is quite right, but their cost and customer service is not agreeable to me whatsoever..

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Argh....I guess we will be at Stillens mercy.... tick,tock,tick,tock
:cry:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
FX4U2C said:
Argh....I guess we will be at Stillens mercy.... tick,tock,tick,tock
:cry:
i feel your pain....

perhaps paddock has lowered their pricing??? (i am not advocated them , but just trying to give ya an option)

-sms

ps- dont try the z-tube, as it is missing the variable intake pressure-tube inlet (exclusive to the VK)

another returned part!!lol

·
Registered
882 Posts
hey esemes, why don't you try to encorporate an aftermarket intake from another V8 motor. Maybe a chevy or something. Just a thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts