Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through a car wash ( touch less 0 and at the end a high powered blower dries the car. Well when i got home I noticed my fuel door was open about 1/4 " but still latched. can this be adjusted or repositioned bent back into place.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Hmmm. I think the only thing holding it aligned are the rubber feet inside. Not sure if the actuator can be adjusted in and out. But I think it has a plastic nut around it. May be worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Did you open and close the fuel door to check? If the doors are locked and the fuel door is pressed, it will pop out about a 1/4 inch. Once the doors are unlocked it will automatically unlatch.

Otherwise, you may need to take it to the dealer to be replaced/repaired.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
^^ what he said. Van, I assume that you do realize the fuel door pops out when you push on the left/rear side of it. Is that what happened? Does pushing on it again make it go back in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but I thought this might help someone else who does a search for this issue. I had the same issue and it ended up just being the black plastic cord that attaches the gas cap to the car was interfering with the door closing completely. The fuel door was latched but was sticking out about a 1/4". I just had to rotate the the cord where it attaches to the car so it wouldn't jam between the gas door and the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts