Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most gas anyone's put in their FX? I have never put in more than 18 gallons when the low fuel light is on. Today I tried to run my 45 as low on fuel as I could. It only took almost 20 gallons. Aren't our tanks 23.8 gallons? When I pulled in to the station, the computer said there was 15 miles of gas left, which at my 13.5 MPG, that should be about 1-2 gallons (figuring the computer is not perfect). Does the computer count the reserve?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Interesting. I dont think I ever let it go below 1/4 tank yet..

·
Registered
286 Posts
dont even know
just tell the guy to fill it up and give him lots of money.
average $ seems to be 25 to 30 bux

·
Registered
185 Posts
Last fall I did a round trip Montreal / New York city and on my way up I miscalculated my fill up strategy, leaving me with almost no gas, nervous, I was on fumes when I finally found a gas station and my fill up was exactly 23.8 gallon :shock: :oops:

On a side note, last week-end I did another round trip Montreal / Toronto and my best MPG was 17.5, is anyone ever hit 20mpg with the 45?

·
Registered
848 Posts
desualt said:
On a side note, last week-end I did another round trip Montreal / Toronto and my best MPG was 17.5, is anyone ever hit 20mpg with the 45?
Yes, put her on cruise control at 65mph, and I get around 20-21.

There was a thread on the other forum for a 45 getting even better...here

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Last week: $49.20 (ouch) on fumes, so at 2.289/gal (a bargain here in SoCal) that was 21.4 gallons. I filled up on Saturday afternoon, and ran thru that 310 miles by 9pm last night (Tuesday). Gas takes a big part of my income, now. Glad I love my '45 so much!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts