Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgive the long read - trying to answer any questions that may come up

I have a 2003 in Liquid Copper with the brick/black interior.that I bought from the original owner in the Phoenix area in 2009.with 59,225 miles on it . I know that he was one of the early (founding?) members on Infinitifx.org. Odometer currently at 115,700, and it runs great! The original paint is in excellent condition, and the car has been in dry climates in Arizona and southern California, and has zero rust of any kind.

It has the Premium Package, but no nav/tech package (don't believe it was available until 2004?). Some of the tasteful mods from the original owner;

Technosquare ECU reflash - all kinds of fun nfo on this on the forum. (Original owner one of the first to do this)
Level 10 transmission valve body and torque converter - NEVER had a single issue with this!
3.5" cat-back exhaust + Flowmaster muffler
2" Eibach springs - rides good and handles even better
Stillen STB
Built in radar detector
K&N filter and cold air mods
Piano black window trim
Roof rack
Factory Class 3 tow hitch - NEVER USED

Comes complete with the factory carpet floor mats, plastic cargo protector mat, cargo cover, original first aid kit, cargo net, original spare tire and tools, and near-new Pirelli Scorpion tires. I just put on brand new brake pads front and rear a week ago. The rotors are in great shape, and were replaced during the last brake job. It has always been serviced either by myself, or a shop when needed, and I have a ton of documentation to support maintenance/repairs. No big repairs have been needed - just regular maintenance, a starter, belts, brakes ,tires, and minor bits and pieces. It passes California smog test just fine, with no "changes" needed.

Known issues are; I believe the right valve cover gasket is leaking some, but not positive. Leaves a drip or two when parked overnight. The other issues that I'm aware of is the fan blade has the typical cracks in it that they get, the door locks work intermittently, and the hood struts are shot. The windshield washer level indicator is on., and isn't going out although it's full. New cap on the way, but worse case is the washer fluid level sensor, The windshield washers work fine, During my ownership, I have tried to address issues as they came up, and listed what I know of at this time. It's been well loved, and driven by a responsible adult, but it is a road-hugging rocket, and a blast shifting manually!. No disrespect about the 35, but this is just a different beast. This is as an extra vehicle, hence the very low miles. I will try to add some photos that were just taken before detailing,

After 11 years, I have finally decided to part ways with it. I've tried to find a single Liquid Copper FX45 for sale, and haven't come across one anywhere in the country. Looking for a serious buyer, and not interested in any trades. At this point, I haven't posted it for sale anywhere else, but will be in the coming days. Please let me know if you are interested.

*This is really hard for me to put a price on, especially with the color combo, low miles, and only 2 west coast enthusiast owners over 17 years. Add to that, no comps found anywhere in U.S.. It's a bit of a "unicorn", and I'm debating putting it up for auction on Bringatrailer. I absolutely welcome comparable vehicles listed for sale, and I want both parties to be comfortable with a deal.

Located in San Diego area.
$8,900

Thanks! - Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*This is really hard for me to put a price on, especially with the color combo, low miles, and only 2 west coast enthusiast owners over 17 years. Add to that, no comps found anywhere in U.S.. It's a bit of a "unicorn", and I'm debating putting it up for auction on Bringatrailer. I absolutely welcome comparable vehicles listed for sale, and I want both parties to be comfortable with a deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Update on prior posting - in the last few weeks, I have gotten a P0300 (random misfire code). I have replaced the spark plugs attempting to clear, but no luck. I am not in a position to put any more money into it as an extra vehicle, and I am open to sell it as it is for $5k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello - yes, it is still available. I'm in Vista (north county). I hadn't listed it anywhere else, and was just about to list it on Nextdoor/Craigslist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts