Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's the front passenger door panel rattle because when I apply pressure to the door panel, the rattle stops. Anyone has this?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Rattles are the most annoying thing when owning a car...one reason why I traded in my TL was because after a few months the car rattled everywhere...anyways I'm sure if you take it into the dealer they can fix the problem.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I don't have it but depending on where it is rattling, you may take some adhesive foam and slip it behind the panel. I heard this can work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How easy it is to remove a door panel? Has anyone posted the diagram from the service manual in the past (searched, but could not find it)?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Removing the door panel is pretty easy. You pop off the aluminum trim of the door handle and there are two screws to remove. You also pop off the little plastic plate behind the door lever and take out that screw. The only real pain is you have to pop out about 15 clips and some of those usually break, so you may have to have some xtras on hand for replacing.

I took off my door panel and put some weatherstripping around some areas to eliminate a rattle I had.

·
Registered
662 Posts
And it's easy to loose or break those thin rubber rings at the bottom.

I had same rattle problem from driver side door and used thick weather strips and soft side velcros(Can someone check to see whether velcro sale went up after FXs're released? :D . Most likely most of the member used at least a pieace of velcro somewhere in their FXs)

·
Registered
176 Posts
My first FX had this too. There is a bulletin out for this. It affect 2003 only (Or I'm lucky on my 04). Dealer will fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
dinofx35 said:
There is a bulletin out for this. It affect 2003 only. Dealer will fix it under warranty.
Interesting. I have it, but always attributed it to the stereo ('cause I tend to have it cranked all the time) and didn't know it was a TSB-able issue. Is the TSB on the InfinitiHelp site?

·
Registered
706 Posts
There is a bulletin out for this. It affect 2003 only (Or I'm lucky on my 04). Dealer will fix it under warranty.
I'm don't think this is correct at all.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have this ticking noise bu thought it was coming from the pillar right next to my ear..i'll have to check to see if its the door panel!
You guys rock!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is coming from the windows being all the way down if I roll it up a little the noise stops.. anyone have a clue how to remove the panel?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
:D thanks but i fixed mine yesterday it was a few screws on the metal bar that holds the window that were loose :shock: I can't believe that... but thanks a lot for the info I love what you did to yours looks nice might have to do that to mine I love that look on the Mercedes...

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Maybe I should manually open my driver's side door panel. Since I got the car 1 year ago, (2006 model) and going thru 2 different dealers. And yet, the noise is still there.

What level of expertise is required for this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Definitely don't even waste your time just remove the 3 screws and pull the door panel and then tighten up the bolts Not too tight!!!! Some are screwed into plastic and then you can strip them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts