Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how many of you live in California, but here it is illegal to not have a front plate. Therefor, when you buy a new car, if you don't want a front plate installed, you have to sign a waiver form. First of all, I've never put a front plate on ANY of my cars...I've gotten tickets for it before, but I refuse to make my car that ugly. Anywho, when I got my G, I signed the form because I knew that they would have to drill holes in the bumper to put the plate on (since mine was the first run of cars, they had not yet come up with the front plate frame adapter that they use now) so they didn't. I was happy. The other weekend when I got my FX...I signed the same form. I had to wait there for 3 hours though while they shipped it down from LA from another dealership. So it comes in and it has a front plate frame on it. I figure that the FX has standard plate holes, oh well, nothing I could do about it. When I took the frame off, I realize that the holes for the front plate were drilled in...not part of the factory bumper !

Have any of you guys had this problem...?

Does anyone know of a solution to plug the holes up...?

I guess if I wanted it done right I could take it to a body shop and have them fill them with fiberglass or something and blend the paint in...

Thoughts anyone...?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet ! thanx :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.