1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is way too funny...

The Associated Press
Published January 13, 2005

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- An Illinois man and his girlfriend received nearly $1,400 in speeding tickets within about three hours on Interstate 90 in Wisconsin, authorities say.

Piotr Pac, 21, of Prospect Heights, Ill., was cited New Year's Day for allegedly going 100 mph in Rock County at 5:59 a.m., 84 mph in Columbia County at 6:56 a.m. and 77 mph in Sauk County at 7:28 a.m., the Wisconsin State Patrol said.

His girlfriend, Emilia A. Goralczyk, 18, of Mount Prospect, Ill, was cited for allegedly driving the same 2004 Nissan Altima at 108 mph in Dane County at 9:05 a.m.

Pac said Goralczyk had called him at 4 a.m. that day, crying over a fight she had with a friend at a party, so he drove 180 miles to Wisconsin Dells to pick her up.

"I would do everything for her," he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

But Pac said he had to be home by 10 a.m. to start work, and he was 21/2 hours late, but had called ahead and his boss was not angry.

"You have to have an exciting life," he said, "because (otherwise) life is boring."

Pac, who faces $902 of the $1,393 in speeding tickets issued, said he had not yet decided whether to pay them or ask judges for leniency.

Copyright © 2005, The Associated Press

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hope I was never that dumb when I was a teenager, and that was only a decade ago. I feel for em, he is quoted in the paper as saying. "I would do anything for her". His friends are going to have a field day with that comment. Went up to Wisonsin like it was the daytona 500, over a fight. Maybe I'm just not senstive, or whipped enough to do that.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
He could have bought 3 Valentine Ones for what he's facing in fines.

·
Registered
662 Posts
When my wife was pregnant with our daughtor, she suddenly wanted to eat Chinese food(husbands out there(and Dawn) may understand what I'm saying). So I was going little fast and on the way back, I was pulled over with Moo Goo Gai pan seating next to me. :(

"I would do anything for her" :wink:

Anyway, I gotta drive up to Wisoncine Dell(Kalahari) tomorrow for kids and I'm still stuck in La Guardia, NYC.(5 hr delay :( )

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
topguy,

Off topic but I've been stuck before too. not sure if you're still stuck at LaGuardia but the chineese place in the American Airlines concourse makes passable Moo Goo Gai Pan.

It's the one that used to be next to the New York Deli in the food court.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I always drove careful in WI, those state troopes had some really nice sooped up camaros. They were quick

:car8:

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
If stupidity was painful...that dude would be hurtin'

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would like to say I own a V-1 and its probably the best detector..
but it does not work when a trooper hits you with laser...and when you are followed in the nite..both times got pulled over doing around 80mph..I was crusin..what has helped me is my friend that is a NYS trooper...if it was not for him I would have a big problem.
Phil

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Once, when I was delivering pizzas in college, I ran outa gas TWICE in the same night! :shock:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I always drove careful in WI, those state troopes had some really nice sooped up camaros. They were quick

:car8:
Yeah, I got caught last year going only 79. This officer was seating on top of a bridge. They were doing a some kind of "slow down"campaign so I got a warning. WI troopers are nasty.

topguy,

Off topic but I've been stuck before too. not sure if you're still stuck at LaGuardia but the chineese place in the American Airlines concourse makes passable Moo Goo Gai Pan.

It's the one that used to be next to the New York Deli in the food court.
I was fortunate to get the last seat on 6:05pm flight(originally 1:00 flight) and am finally at home!! :D

They should put a food court inside the security area. Two cold sandwichs were my lunch and dinner. :(

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Lemme think.... what was I into at that point? It couldn't have been I.S.. That hadn't been invented yet. Musta been "The Female Form and All Its Glory" :lol:

And if I remeber, it was my girlfriend's car.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
magician said:
and when you are followed in the nite
Dude- ya gotta learn the "headlight signature" of the local Revenue-Enhancement Agents in your state! The CHP doesn't generally use radar in the metro areas, they follow behind you for a while (CA law says at least 1/8th mile when pacing). I've seen that Crown Vic pattern coming up on me (when they think they have a mark, they haul ass) and have decelerated quickly enough (use gears, not brake) that I've had 'em give up on me and go get someone else.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I live in Wisconsin .. first off, I'm surprised of the "nasty" rep that the WI state patrol has .. I've only gotten 1 ticket in a few decades of driving, but perhaps that's because I'm doing < 15 over. I suppose if you're going faster than that, you deserve "nasty" troopers knocking on your door, eh? :shock:

Anyhow, the asshat with the 4 tickets in 3 hours story gets better, as he'd recently dropped his $6000/year insurance to get on his dad's policy who he hopes "doesn't find out about the tickets."
:lol:

The whole article is here: http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/jan05/292574.asp

·
Registered
361 Posts
revOevoM said:
Lemme think.... what was I into at that point? It couldn't have been I.S.. That hadn't been invented yet. Musta been "The Female Form and All Its Glory" :lol:

And if I remeber, it was my girlfriend's car.
Oh, a biology major, eh?

·
Registered
662 Posts
wow, that map looks very familiar. I just got back from WI Dell.

I saw few marked troopers and saw more than several unmarked(plain white or plain white w/lights)troopers.

duncantuna, I don't know how you live up there. Yesterday's high was 2! This morning my car barely started(I'm sure it was about -5) and intersetingly, trip comp said only 0. At least leather seat looked really tight, no bubble. So was my skin. :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I live in a 'burb north of Milwaukee.

Indeed, it's been fridgid up here, with highs near 0 and -30 wind chill type numbers.

I do think the FX's temperature display is incapable of going below 0, as we've had 3-4 mornings where the temp was in the -10 range, yet the FX reported 0. (FX is not garaged, btw, so it's sitting in the cold all night.)

If I remember correctly, someone commented that they were surprised at opening the battery compartiment to find a relatively undersized battery .. so far so good for me, starting below zero.

Of course, I'm really primed for that time the car won't start, as I invested in one of those jump batteries a year ago, and so far haven't had the chance to try it!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts