Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a little ticked off with the stealership. Took delivery of my FX on Jan. 27th this year. Made the deal including the roofrail crossbars (aluminum to match the sport pkg.) They didn't have any in stock so they order them, should be a week. O.k. I wait a week and call and they tell me that the aluminum rails are on backorder but if I wanted the black ones they had them. Ya, that's going to look real nice! I ask how long for the alum.? "Two weeks" Fine, I'll wait. Two weeks later I call cause we're plannig a ski trip for March and they tell me "The aluminum crossbars are on a FOUR MONTH nationwide backorder." I'm about to loose it so I call my sales guy and tell him he needs to get me these bars cause I'm going skiing. He says he'll check other dealers to see if they can trade (black for alum.) He calls back and says "there's two or three dealers who have them but won't trade cause they know they're on backorder and hard to find! And maybe I could lower a backseat and put the ski's inside the car." I say ya that sounds like a great idea but for some reason my legs fall asleep after an hour of my wife sitting on my lap cause there's four of us going in my FX you dillhole!

Two questions Infiniti:

1. Why the **** do you put roofrails on a vehicle if you don't include crossbars to make them usefull? ****, the Xterra has a basket for dirty laundry!

2. Are your grossly overpriced aluminum crossbars in such high demand that you can't produce them fast enough? FOUR MONTHS? Really... If I hadn't already paid for them I'd tell them where they can put them.

At this point I'm open to all suggestions and thanks for letting me vent.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Make them give you silver roof rails off of another FX from their lot.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You could always buy a set on ebay or from Grubbs or trademotion or something, and then when you get your from Infiniti, sell them on ebay as new and get you're money back. Just a thought, hope it helps. Where you goin skiing by the way?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
You can get an aftermarket Yakima or Thule setup without the Infiniti crossbars and not have to wait 4 months. Go to http://www.rackwarehouse.com. That is unless you must have the factory stuff for whatever reason...:roll:

The nice thing about them is that you can use them on different cars if you want.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Considering you made the deal on the car which included the silver cross rails the dealership should PURCHASE the silver cross rails from the other dealer that has them in stock.

You really should fight for this. It should've been included with your car if you made the deal with it. Don't let them off so easy. Talk to the GM

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
I would suggest trying to find them online somewhere or demand to get reimbursed for them and get the Yaks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I agree you should get your money back (take a credit for something else you want like service) and go with the Yakima. They will fit your ski rack better and sit up a little higher if you want to vent the moon roof. When the season is over you take them off and go back to a cleaner look. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.